Carnival Pride Cruise Review by carl731

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Pride - Best Cruise I have been on!!
My DW and I went on this cruise with 8 other people. This is my 4th cruise and my DW 2nd. This cruise was easily the best cruise I have been on. There were some minor issues but I wouldn't let that ruin my vacation. I will review by section below

Embarkation - Was the easiest most efficient i have ever seen. If you arrive early you will have to wait to park. Trust me it is well wort it to wait then. It only took us an hour to get on the ship from parking the car to boarding. We were able to get into our rooms at 2 and our luggage came 5 minutes later.

Ship- The ship was in fantastic shape for its age. I don't know how anyone could say this ship was dirty because I saw crew cleaning all the time. I can see why some people would not like the decor because it is dark and not like other carnival ships with the neon and what not. I loved the decor. I thought it was elegant and classy.

Food- The food was not bad. Lunch was ok, I've had better on other carnival ships but It wasn't a vacation ruin-er. They def need to redesign the buffet. It was very difficult at first to find everything. Dinner in the dining room was fantastic. Our waiters were awesome. We also went to the steakhouse the last night. That was worth the 30 dollars pp as the food was incredible. My wife had to take the giant cheesecake back to her room!

Outside areas - The outside areas were very nice. There were a lot of kids on the ship so it seemed kinda crowded in the pool areas but not all the time. Gym and spa were very nice but did not use them a lot.

Nightlife- The dance club was cool with the light up dance floor but there was never anyone there. The comedy club was awesome. Casino was very generous to alot of people lol.

Disembark- easy and orderly. I heard people complaining about the wait time but that was because by luck they were the last desk to be called.

Overall this was the best cruise out of the 4 i have been on. The food was good, the service was top notch and we all had a great time. I highly recommend taking this cruise out of Baltimore!

Publication Date: 03/24/11