Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by rsppa: Great ship, very good service, food and entertainment

rsppa
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great ship, very good service, food and entertainment

Sail Date: March 2011

My wife and I traveled alone this time and had a great time. We had a concierge cabin on the 10th floor. Try to get a cabin mid ship on the 10th floor. Best location. The only thing was we were on the right side of the ship, and if the ship pulls into the same dock location each time when it reaches port, it would be better on the left side of the ship. Reason was that we had a beautiful countryside view until Holland America, and Azamara pulled in right in front of our balcony.

Embarkation/disembarkation with concierge was first in first out. That was great. Concierge gave you a better shower head( so they say, I didn't compare) which was very good. cabins I believe are the same, and I thought very nice. Concierge apparently had better sheets towels fruit in the room champagne on first night and bathrobes. Personally, if you can get a 10th floor cabin around mid ship without going concierge, I would do it. ( sometimes they reserve those rooms for concierge)

The tables More for 2 in the dining room are very close together. Get to your table first thing when you get on and if you are not happy see maitre d ASAP

The service was very good. A couple of things, if I was to be critical. Room attendant knocked on our door at 825 and we were just leaving for diner on the first night. she said she would come back and forgot. never made up room, no towels etc. I called up at midnight when we returned and they brought us towels. Next day she apologized and concierge sent chocolate strawberries and wine. OK= Also the attendant didn't inform us of the concierge amenities. FYI You get a pillow menu, complimentary shoe shine, daily hor d'oeuvres. But overall everyone tried very hard, and were very accommodating.

Entertainment was very good. The production shows were very good. I personally don't like acrobatics( cirque de soleil style) but thought it was very well done. Lindsey Hamilton was the singer and but for her numerous Audio problems has an awesome voice. The Sound Decision band sings acapella and we loved them. D' REVELATION WAS THE POOL BAND AND THE MAIN SHIPS BAND. AND WERE TERRIBLE. REALLY The Comedian D'charme was very good. The piano entertainer and comedian was good.

The Martini bar was awesome and spent a lot of time there. The disco, was fair. The Molecular bar was fun. Gelato was great on deck 5 with the coffee bar.

The specialty restaurants: We tried Qsine. Not for us. It was definitely different and fun presentation. But the food was served in stages and it was like a buffet. shrimps, meatballs, sushi, chicken. no real meal( if you like that stuff)not for us.

Murano was excellent. service, food and atmosphere were excellent. WE didn't try Tuscany.

The buffet ( ocean view) was well laid out and very good food. My only complaint was that they have an Indian section and Mexican section everyday. I don't know how much curry and tacos people eat but it is not my thing. I suggested they mix it up each day with Latin, Japanese, Italian, ( they do have pasta station) but I mean veal and chicken parm. baked ziti etc..) Switch it up.

Ports, well I have been to the Carib many times and they are essentially the same. Personally, I like St Thomas and St Martin for an eastern. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9)

Great cabin - midship 10th floor

Been there many times. If you haven't been there do a tour.
Read 1378 San Juan Reviews

Expensive. nothing with nothing for us. nice typical carib island.

Great shopping to do. If you are in the market for jewelry watches etc. Do your homework at home and shop it shop it shop it