Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by purpletraveler

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by purpletraveler
Oasis of the Seas
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Oasis - best cruise ever
This was my 9Th cruise and the best. We left Fort Lauderdale on February 26 to sail to the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean, Oasis of the Seas.

Upon entering the terminal, there was no one in line ahead of us and we went right on the ship after about 5 minutes of "checking in". The embarkation was the easiest ever, on any ship or any port. No waiting in seats or standing in line.

When we got on the ship, we said where do we eat. We were told there were many places to eat. We had no idea there would be so many different areas so we asked for the buffet and we were directed to the Windjammer restaurant on the 16 floor. It was not crowded at all and we found the food abundant and delicious. The staff were so courteous and friendly.

We then proceeded to take time to "learn" the ship. I was told it would probably take the entire week to find our way around the ship but it was very convenient to find everything. Initially we saw Central Park, the Boardwalk, the Solarium and the Sports deck.

It was then time to locate all the "free" places to eat. We could not believe on the Promenade deck was a Pizza Restaurant (Sorrento's) the Cafe Promenade where you could get croissant sandwiches, cookies and coffee. We then proceeded to the Solarium Bistro where there was a healthy buffet. It was for anyone older than 16 so there were no children running around. We then proceeded to the Boardwalk and discovered the doughnut shop and then headed for the Sports deck where they had hot dogs, fries, chili, etc. You could also buy cupcakes at the Cupcake Cupboard and Ice Cream at the Ice Cream Parlor. There was a Johnny Rocket's on the Boardwalk and also a Boardwalk bar where they had snacks. And of course, there were a few specialty restaurants but we found so much to eat at the complimentary restaurants, we didn't frequent them.

We then went to our room and our luggage was not there. Since I was upset it was not going to be found soon, I spoke to Sims and he found it for me and had Clover, our lovely Room Steward, brought it right to the room for us. I always worry until I see the luggage and it arrived well before dinner.

The Promenade deck was the gathering spot and you could make reservations for trips there or proceed to the fourth deck for reservations for the shows. We had booked them previous to our trips at convenient times.

Each day we received the events for the day and there was always so many activities and we loved Trivia and really enjoyed that as well as the Karaoke each evening.

We dined at table 420 and had excellent waiters, Leroy and Aymen. They were the best ever and so friendly and gracious and accommodating. When we go back in June we hope to have them again. The food was excellent and there was wonderful menu to choose from. We did have breakfast at either the Solarium (Healthier food) or the Windjammer (the main buffet) and we found the food there very good with a great variety. The Solarium has a pool and huge jacuzzi and huge chairs to sit upon and watch the ocean.

There was also three other pools, other Jacuzzis and a Children's pool. After a couple of days, I tried to get to the pool area in the morning in order to get a seat near the pool but there was amble room on the upper deck of the pool area.

If you didn't want to sit at the pool, there was a sports deck and of course I tried the zip line and three times and what a wonderful experience. I was going to try the rock climbing wall but had hurt my shoulder on a trip a few months and didn't want to suffer any consequences from the strain. They also had miniature golf and basketball and other sports. I didn't find the line too long and the staff there was very friendly and understanding that a few of us were a bit nervous about the zip line.

The cruise director's staff were excellent leading all the various activities. Richard, the cruise director, was the best ever. He was so funny and we really enjoyed hearing him say "I love you" whenever he spoke on the intercom or on the stage. And we loved him too.

The Captain had a Captain's Corner one afternoon where we spoke to us and answered questions. He could be a comedian and so gracious and friendly as well. He avoided a storm at sea so we would be comfortable. Two other ships passengers were at the airport and suffered through the storm that Captain Trem and I hope when we go back in June, he will be our Captain.

There were so many activities for everyone of all ages. I didn't get to see the spa because I was too busy with other activities.

The entertainment was excellent. I really enjoyed the "Cliff" divers at 67 feet into the 17 foot tank and the dives were amazing. The Ice Show was excellent and I will make sure I see that again. The Temptations gave a delightful show and the Aerobatic show was excellent. I can't say enough about the entertainment and I liked the fact that it was not scheduled during the evening. You could go during the day and in fact, that is what we did. On most ships, the shows are at 7PM and 8:30 and they are packed and you have to work dinner and other activities around these shows. The choice of time was excellent.

On Friday I PCD (Post Cruise Depression), knowing I had to leave this wonderful ship. The debarkation was not bad. We only waited 45 minutes from the time we headed for the theatre until we got off the ship and through immigration. We did not have a number because we had a flight scheduled and could get in line anytime after 8AM. It went quite smooth.

In summation - this was the best cruise ever. The ship was delightful and when I got home, we immediately scheduled a cruise on the Oasis for June and looking forward to the Western Caribbean. We did get off the ship at Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten but since this was our 3-4 time there, we didn't go into see the sites. We are going to Cozemel and Jamaica and we have been there twice before but we will get off the ship to see the ports. We loved the ship, the service, the meals, the variety, the crew, the Captain. Everything about the Oasis - WE LOVED.

Publication Date: 03/24/11