Ruby Princess Cruise Review by lmh081474: Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean - March 2011
Overall Member Rating
Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean - March 2011
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
This is a quick and easy review of the cruise:
1. good food (as always), we had anytime dining this time and enjoyed, tip = you can make reservations for anytime dining.
2. comedian Phil Tag was really funny, but some of his material was from last year.
3. shows were good, be sure to catch Broadway Ballroom
4. embarking and disembarking were a breeze - pack light and choose the walk off disembarkation. Our captain was early into port and we were off the boat and on our way by 7:30am.
5. great cabin service. Armando kept our room clean and provided us with plenty of fresh towels for showering and the beach.
1. cruise director didn't plan a lot of activities. Some of the planned activites were watching NCAA basketball games in your own stateroom
2. Grand Turk is very underdeveloped. Snappy attitudes from the workers in the stores and the man on the beach that I rented a chair from tried More to make me pay twice. The beach is awful. If you like to lay in the sand and relax, forget it. If you like to snorkel you will be in heaven.
3. TOO MANY kids. if you want to get away from your kids or don't have any children DO NOT travel in March. There were kids everywhere and they stayed up until the wee hours of the morning.
4. Hardly any movies were played for movies under the stars...a lot of concerts in 30 minute intervals
Overall we enjoy Princess but we are going to try something different should we decide to cruise again. Less
Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>
Cabin review: DD
Oceanview Double on Emerald Deck - good value if you don't want a balcony or don't want to pay the extra money for one. We were in the back of the ship and it was great. No one ever used the stairs here since the pools were located in the front of the ship. Our dining room and piazza were right below us and it was easy to avoid crowds. Bathroom is small, hanging closet area is sufficient, bed was soft and window was very large.
Port and Shore Excursions
If you need parking, try Air and Sea Parking, located right down the street from the port. $8/day and they drop you off and pick you up right in front of the ship.
Cruising on Freedom of the Sea...
Too Crowded and Disappointing
One of the best cruises..........
Another Wonderful Cruise with ...
A sadly disappointing first Pr...
Suite Cabin Not Very Sweet!
Special 20th Wedding Anniversa...
4 Generation Family Cruise on ...