Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Bruzerfly: Nothing Free about Freestyle Cruising

Bruzerfly
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Nothing Free about Freestyle Cruising

Sail Date: March 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans

I first would like start off with the good My partner and I booked this cruise through a travel agency Who specialized in a unique event called a Bear Cruise there were 200 gay men from all over the world who defined them selves as bears or bear admirers and the staff on board the Spirit really went out of there way to accommodate and include us in all onboard activities. The embarking process out of New Orleans was smooth and quick. I liked the prepay soda plan and the bottled water package they offered on board. Our cabin was kept very clean and stocked throughout our voyage. The 2 for 1 Martini Nights in Champagne Charlies with the great lounge duo that entertained us every night was always a must do between 7-9.Cagneys steakhouse was world class and service was perfect.The Blue Lagoon Cafe had great wings!

Now the Bad The freestyle experience in regular dining was horrible with the quality of food.Wrong Orders,Tasteless Food both at Windows and The Garden Room after the More 3rd night We both had enough and resorted to the specialty restaurants of course Not FREE! In the Shogun Restaurant the Chinese food was good but when I asked the server for crispy noodles and hot mustard she looked at me like I was asking for a unreasonable request.No hot mustard in a Chinese Restaurant? ?Our ship was plagued with hundreds of young collage kids who got a 350$ all you can drink on the cruise special package.What were you thinking? Every Night I felt like I was on a college campus during frat night. Our first port was supposed to be Costa Maya but the captain declined to dock due to rough seas?Funny how other ships got to dock and of course still charged for that portion. Now the WORST Due to a medical emergency on our last day at sea We got delayed 8 hours to dock in New Orleans My partner and I had to pay 598$ to change our flight which was the last flight out of New Orleans at 7.35pm We were told we would dock at.5pm and if we chose to carry our own bags we could be the first group to disembark. We dragged our 4 big suitcases down to deck 7 at 2pm and stood there for 2.5 hours hundreds had converged on deck7 by then and at 430 we were all told to move to the exit by the casino as they were NOT using the mid doors .So now were were at the BACK of the line and all We got was sorry? We docked at 5 and guess where they started to disembark.The MID Doors and that was the only way off the ship We stood in line for another hour and a half till we got off the ship at 615pm customs was quick and thanks to a very fast cab driver we made it to our plane severely stressed out at 730 pm.Norwegian did nothing to help us with our travel home they did supply a whopping 6 laptops to help 2000 people rebook travel and I had to plead with the manager to waive our 30.00 Internet charge to rebook our flight. So if it's "Free"style your looking for bring along an extra 1000 for flight changes and decent food as of yet I have not got any sort of compensation or even an apology from this letter I sent to Norwegian Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eleven 11060