Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by cruiserone: Sunny days on Serenade of the Seas

cruiserone
Member Since 2001
2,081 Posts

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Sunny days on Serenade of the Seas

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We departed at the port of San Juan after spending two nice days enjoying the people and the food of Old San Juan.

We stayed at the Caribe Hilton. Although I have read some bad reviews of the hotel we enjoyed our stay very much . Hotel needs a little TLC but the beds were heaven. The staff could not have been better with the exception of one grumpy gentlemen in the lobby. Ate at Aquaviva in Old San Juan and it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten on vacation! Buneo Aquaviva!!

Our embarkation was easy and we were on the ship in about 15 minutes as all our paperwork was filled out and ready.

Room was an aft cabin with a large balcony. It was perfect all week with one exception, smokers on the balcony next door:( and they smoked a lot. Celebrity no longer allows this and we will cruise them next time. Bed was comfortable and the seas were calm the whole week. Carlos was our cabin steward and kept the room clean and comfortable. We hardly saw him all More week.

I have one very large complaint, the smell on the 8th floor was terrible. I noticed that they had a "honeysucker" at one of the ports and we thought that would improve the odor in the halls and in our room but it did not. Did not notice the smell on other floors.

We had My Time dining and ate at 8:30 every night with no problems. Our wait staff was truly top notch. Kudos to Hungria, Rehmi and especially Danny the head waiter. They made our trip most enjoyable. Food was good and the wine list was to our liking.

Entertainment was OK. We liked the one fella that was from Baltimore (sorry forgot his name) that rode the unicycle, he was pretty funny!

Lost $ in the casino. So did DH.

Ports were fantastic and especially liked Dominica. It was our first time there and did the river tubing expedition. It was great! Did Tortola Charters in Tortola :) and went to Jost Van Dyke. Great trip but don't forget to bring $ they do not accept credit cards.

Overall had a wonderful trip with the best islands and weather we have ever had.

Nice group of people from cruise critic.

Departing was easy and took a tour of the rain forest before heading home. Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 8172

Very quiet room. Closet never big enough for two adults and 8 days. Cabin steward kept room clean and tidy. Love the aft cabins and this one was no exception. Large balcony. The "odor" was terrible all week. We noticed it all over the 8th floor. It really is ashame as that was the only real complaint. We do not smoke so the people smoking outside was terrible. From 6am till 12am the smell of smoke permiated our room and balcony. this alone will prevent me from sailing RCI again.

Had a great day at the beach.

This was our 6th trip to Barbados and having seen the island many time decided to relax at the Hilton for the day.

All went well till I left my camera in the cab on the way back to the ship:( We called the Hilton and offered a reward for the return of the camera. I don't even care about the camera as much as the photo's of our anniversary celebration. I am hoping that there is an honest person out there that will return it. The cab driver picked us up at the HIlton so we are hoping that he would return it there. He was an elderly gent with a small cab.

Our day at the beach was great! The water there is amazing.

Read 704 Barbados Reviews

Our first trip to Dominica. Reminds me of how the other islands were more than 25 years ago.

Took the river tubing trip and enjoyed it very much. The staff could not have been better and the island more beautiful!

We would go back there again and do the same things!

People happy and social! Reminds me of old Jamaica.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

Caribe Hilton was very nice. Needs a little TLC but otherwise we had a very nice time there.

Aquaviva for dinner was top notch and would highly recommend it to everyone!

See the rain forest, it was amazing!!

Read 1367 San Juan Reviews

Took a tour with this man that has been living in St Kitts for over 60 years! He was wonderful, his name was Charles.

The island was beautiful! We had been there before but always to the beach. Saw a whole different light with the island tour, and a lot of monkeys!!

We were gone about 4 1/2 hours and it was so worth the 20$ pp.

Love St Maarten, not only for the shopping but for the beautiful beaches and clean ocean.

We spend the AM shopping and the rest of the day at the beach. Orient Bay and Kako Beach. Sit on the beach, eat lunch, go in the ocean and then sit on the beach again. What a great day!

Took catamaran with Tortola Charters to Jost Van Dyke.

We had a great time with a great crew. Beach was terrific and the Soggy Dollar was really fun with a great staff.

Do not forget to bring CASH when you visit here. No credit cards.

Read 502 Tortola Reviews