We have sailed Conquest twice and Liberty, and the only thing I would rate the Triumph higher on than either of these ships is the bread for dinner. I will just focus on the Pro's and Con's:
* Service (Stewards & Waiters) was just as you would expect on most Carnival Cruises.
* Ship was clean
* Stayed in Balcony room on Spa Deck (11) and we loved it up there, quiet, near Spa and Lido deck.
* Roatan was a wonderful island, and Cozumel is always nice.
* Fwd elevators had a lot of problems. Would go down when they were supposed to go up, randomly cleared all floor selections, they were a real pain.
* Big Screen TV over pool played nature scenes with music most of the time. Why not show CNN or the Funship Video, etc.., it seemed like such a waste to basically have a giant screensaver. They did show March Madness one evening, which was nice, and they showed movies in afternoons and evenings.
* Tendering in Belize sucked, it took us 2 hrs to get to shore. Carnival is trying to force you to do their excursions by being so incompetent. I won't go to Belize again, and definitely won't use Carnival on a cruise to Belize.
* Cruise Director was mediocre at best. He just doesn't have the Charisma or personality to be a good cruise director.
* The lunch menu in dining rooms and options on Lido buffet for lunch were funky and disgusting. I don't know why the dinner options were so much better.
* Disembarkation was painfully slow. We didn't get on the road until 11, I don't know why they were so slow.
This is our 2nd Carnival Cruise in a year, and it left us wanting to try another cruise line. I'm so completely sick of the same old crap (Ice Carving, hair chest contest, newlywed game,bingo, art auctions, etc..), they really need to change up their routine. Carnival is all about the up-sell. We have been on Galley tours, ship bridge tours, etc.. in the past, and those are interesting, but apparently now you have to pay to do a behind the scenes tour.