Carnival Dream Cruise Review by mlkmaples

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8A
        16+ 2.0

Carnival Funtimes
We departed Port Canaveral on 12 March, on the Carnival Dream. This was my 3rd Sailing with Carnival all of them have been very fun.

To begin with we arrived at the Port about 2 hours early. The cruise line says they begin Embarkation at 1230 p.m. I am glad we got there so early we were allowed to board about an hour early. We were able to eat lunch and explore the ship. The Atrium was so tall the my camera could not get it into prespective. I also noticed that the ship didn't have the same open feeling that I had experienced on my previous cruises. We were told that our room would not be available until 130pm we were allowed into our hallway at about 115 pm., and our luggage arrived about 3 p.m.. No complaints our cabin stewardress was the most wonderful person ever. She recognized us and knew us by name after about the 3rd night. She was magic. We would leave the room for a short time and come back to a clean room fresh towels.

We were celebrating our daughters 16th birthday, we bought her a cake prior to sailing. It was presented by the Crimson Dining rooms staff the second night along with the singing of Happy Birthday. We did the my time dining, the food was good every night except one. The Waiter team leader we had the 1st two nights was great. The Next 3 nights was terrible his name was Sumandji It think. He would let our food sit there until the table next to us got their food before serving. We finally ask to be put back with Corrina and Floriza who were awesome. They also worked the lido for lunch and always stopped to say hi. Chef Art's was well worth the 90 dollars we paid. We basically got a $200 for a $90 dollar price.

My daughter was a little disappointed with the waterslide that goes around. She calls it the toilet bowl. You just went round and round with ever shooting out. YOu got up and walked out.

The Serenity Deck was nice however if you were not a early riser you did not get a deck chair same with the pool. There never seemed to be enough room for everyone unless you wanted to sit on the Promenade deck down the side of the ship.

I didn't smell the mysterious smell everyone talks about maybe it got fixed.

I did take advantage of the Last minute spa specials. Dont' waste your money unless it is something you know you will enjoy an can't get at home. They tried to sale me a $308 dollar detox. The spa therapist complained that I didn't talk enough. IT's a SPA treatment I thought I was suppose to relax!

We had a great time at all the ports The SNUBA at St Martin was great and the crew that ran the Peter Pan was so nice.

Even with the minor problems it was a good trip

Publication Date: 03/24/11