Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by luvlax: Fabulous time, dont believe what negative reviews

luvlax
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous time, dont believe what negative reviews

Sail Date: March 2011

we flew to miami the day before. It was all very easy. We stayed at the doubletree key biscayne. It was perfect and close to the port. We were very excited to try out the newest ship after 8 cruises on NCL. I was a little worried after reading reviews. However, I am here to say we loved loved the ship and had a fabulous time. I wasnt thrilled about the itinerary of cozumel, costa maya and roatan because we did that before. but it turned out to be wonderful. I think everyone should realize that people all have different expectations. Different things make people tick. I personally love freestyle cruising. So what may appeal to me may not appeal to someone who loves a set schedule of knowing exactly what time they are eating and want a different show every night. I like that we dont have to dine with strangers at our table. I like that we can eat where and when we want. Others may have different preferences and I think that is where negative reviews come from.

We never eat in More the main dining rooms because we don't like to be tied down to such an experience. we all love the garden cafe. there is always something for everyone. I recommend the fresh fish everyday. Add it to the caesar salad. yum. we also go wild for the pretsel rolls. We also liked how there was both soft ice cream and hard ice cream with so many flavors. we enjoyed dining outside every morning and lunch

We also always go to cagneys which is terrific. We also always enjoy tepanyaki. we think it is the best japanese steak house anywhere.

So many of the negatives mentioned on other reviews were not a negative for us. The bathroom situation was not a problem. I much prefer the toilet area on this ship over other ncl ships. if you feel uncomfortable simply pull the curtain. There were so many storage spaces for our things. My husband is 5 ft 11 and he didnt have a problem with the bed. infact we thought it was so comfortable. i liked the magnets on the curtain to keep the sunout. the balcony was larger than other ships. we loved it so much that one week later we booked another cruise. the light switch thing with the key card was odd. but it must save on electricity. We were on the 13th floor and it was close to the front elevators.

I liked how we booked the shows on the computer prior to the cruise. At first I thought it was weird but it works well for crowd control.

The entertainment was amazing. although there are only 4 real shows, all of the other nights you can take advantage of the talented performers. We loved the howl at the moon sing alongs. The jazz band, Kurt the guitarist. The library was very tiny and didnt have as many games or places to sit to play. but we spilled out into the bar and no one cared. speaking of bars, the kids could go to all of the bars to hear music until 11. and in howl at the moon they didnt care if they lingered. the bliss was very cool with the fog as you entered. even h20 allowed kids to be there sometimes. I liked how they played the concerts on the large screen.

posh was amazing. comfy chairs, quiet great service. the ship was only 75 percent full and it was great. no lines ever anywhere. i dont know if this is due to the design or the numbers on the ship. We even found lots of lounge chairs up on the top deck.

Paul the cruise director was fabulous. you must see his show. so entertaining. there were so many activities that we didnt even get around to.

we enjoyed the individual stores. i was unimpressed with the jewelry store which is no longer columbian emeralds. i used to enjoy gawking over the jewels in there. i even bought a bracelet. but the effy store is junky and there wasnt anything i wanted. i guess they are selling lower priced stuff so that more people can afford it.

Again I can't say enough what a wonderful time we had. fun ship to explore. great friendly staff. yummy food to meet everyone's taste. i miss the garden cafe. the morning muffins are yummy.

The workout room is huge. Lots of machines. We didnt have to wait for a machine. I do wish that we had a 4th port like other ships. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Family Balcony Stateroom Deck 11 13103

quiet couldnt hear any noise on 13th floor. lots of storage. a little narrow but not a problem for us. beds were so comfortable. toilet area was large. great balcony. shower head was terrific with great pressure. nice linens. i like the medicine cabinet.

2nd time in costa maya. we went to maya chan. the port is lovely and one could even spend the day there at the swim up bar. everything is very safe and secure. took a bus out to upachaya. they only host about 40 people there. a little a paradise. they served the most amazing freshly grilled steak, chicken and fish fajitas. i would go back just for that and the guac. then we went back and shopped. fun little stores to buy souveneers.

We had a lovely time at a quiet beach called noche concum. then we went shopping. the cab drivers wore uniforms and were pleasant. The shops were fun to walk around. lots of great junk to buy. look for silver rings where the man carves your name right into it. very cool. also buy vanilla to bring to friends and family. Third time in cozumel and our favorite.

Read 3102 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
the port has been redone, very pretty since our last time there. very safe and secure. very few shops to look at. we went snorkeling with upachaya. very pretty resort owned by americans. very knowledgable dive master for snorkeling. Beautiful reefs and amazing fish.

Read 1645 Roatan Reviews