Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by jbarker263

Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Big, Big, nightmare ship!!!! We got to Hawaii and the embarkation was great. We got into our cabin: Wow bed was hard like concrete, sheets had not been washed, room was very small. The shower was tiny and you could not turn around without getting water all over the floor.

My wife and I were on our first honeymoon cruise and it may be the last with this cruise line. We went to the first barbecue and it was a great meal. The next morning we went to the cafe for breakfast and we were treated like scum. I went to get some eggs and they were so liquid that they just poured out of my spoon. I then went to get some juice and they were out, so I tried to get an alternative drink like apple juice and they were out of that. I then asked a manager and they said "I'm sorry you will just have to drink water."

We then went on an excursion to see the sunrise on the mountain (got up at 3:10 in the morning to go see it) and the weather was not good at all so we did not get to see the sunrise. Other people in other excursion teams were giving jackets to wear but we were not. I was so cold. They did not tell us it would be 20 degrees up there.

We then went on to the excursion where you could go snorkeling (supposed to go to the crater but did not we went to an alternate location). The boat captain strolled around at the location that we were at and could not set anchor so he decided to troll around and scare all of the fish away. Then he finally, I guess, gave up on it and anchored into the REEF.

I saw that other honeymooners were getting free dinners and wine bottles to take back to their rooms. I was never acknowledged that is was our first time to be here and it was indeed our first honeymoon together. I finally had to go ask and argue with the customer service desk to even get a voucher.

Please be aware of what this ship is about and the service you are going to receive!!!!!!

Publication Date: 01/04/05