Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by csmogrl21: 1st timer w/ toddler + 25

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

1st timer w/ toddler + 25

Sail Date: February 2011

We just returned from our family & friends cruise to Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel on Liberty of the Seas. There were 27 of us. It was great! We really enjoyed it. The ship was amazing, so many things to do, the staff is fantastic.

I was sooo skeptical of a cruise especially traveling with a toddler (20 months). I researched everything, some answers I was looking for I did not find so I included my 2 cents.

I do not recommend taking a child in diapers (see below) or if you want to spend lots of time with your family and friends a cruise may not be your best bet for a large group. On a day at sea you can hardly get chairs, let alone together.

Low Down on Drinks

Drinks $14, the specials of the day were $12 (Margarita, long island, were 2 I remember)

Smoothie bar is the way to go, get a smoothie and have it topped with rum $6 vs. the other bars

Beers $5

Wine- The wine package was worth it, if you like wine. You can More share it with your table, and you can take it with you if you don't finish it or leave it for the next day. Only some wines are available for purchase by the glass ($6-$9). Cheaper bottle started at $39.

Low down of traveling with a Toddler (20 month old)

- Get a larger room than an inside cabin. Inside cabin with a pack-n-play is a squeeze, it fits BUT you have to manuver around it while your child is sleeping and that is hard. Plus you have to take it down every morning.

- Our monitor did not work, we had lots of family around our room, and we couldn't go to another or sit outside the door while our son fell asleep.

- No swimming for your toddler. There is only a small "pool" (3inches of water) with one sprinkler that is not fun for an active toddler. Diapered & swim diapered children are not allowed in the H2O zone, or any other pools. My son wanted to keep going into the sprinkler section, he saw all the other kids in there.

- This is enforced too

- Fridge does not stay cold enough for the milk, so get it at dinner or from room service right before you want to use it

- Everyone was so friendly to us and our son, they remembered his name, what he liked, just like the adults.

- The babysitting service are available for $10 an hour, but only in your room, and I didn't want my son confined to our small room.

Wish I would have brought

- Nightlight

- Alarm clock

- Walkie Talkies Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2

Baby monitors don't work. Free wifi would be awesome!

Ports- Belize - Do the cave tubing and zip line tour, hopefully you are lucky enough to get Carlos as your guide for the tubing. Hands down amazing!

Cave Tubing & Aerial Trek

Costa Maya- Do the beach break Maya Chan. I missed out, but the rest of the family went. Private beach, they only take about 40 people, all drinks, lunch, sports included, plenty of chairs, cabanas, massages right on the beach.

Rate: $ 56.00 per person w/transportation. We are a very small private funky beach hangout 4 miles from the public malecon(boardwalk). Free wifi and beach massages for $ 25.00 half hour, $ 45.00 hour.

www.mayachanbeach.com

If you decide not to go on a excursion, there is a pool with swim up bar and lots of stores right at the port

Cozumel - Shopping and bar hopping.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews