1st timer w/ toddler + 25: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by csmogrl21
Overall Member Rating
1st timer w/ toddler + 25
Destination: Western Caribbean
I was sooo skeptical of a cruise especially traveling with a toddler (20 months). I researched everything, some answers I was looking for I did not find so I included my 2 cents.
I do not recommend taking a child in diapers (see below) or if you want to spend lots of time with your family and friends a cruise may not be your best bet for a large group. On a day at sea you can hardly get chairs, let alone together.
Low Down on Drinks
Drinks $14, the specials of the day were $12 (Margarita, long island, were 2 I remember)
Smoothie bar is the way to go, get a smoothie and have it topped with rum $6 vs. the other bars
Wine- The wine package was worth it, if you like wine. You can More share it with your table, and you can take it with you if you don't finish it or leave it for the next day. Only some wines are available for purchase by the glass ($6-$9). Cheaper bottle started at $39.
Low down of traveling with a Toddler (20 month old)
- Get a larger room than an inside cabin. Inside cabin with a pack-n-play is a squeeze, it fits BUT you have to manuver around it while your child is sleeping and that is hard. Plus you have to take it down every morning.
- Our monitor did not work, we had lots of family around our room, and we couldn't go to another or sit outside the door while our son fell asleep.
- No swimming for your toddler. There is only a small "pool" (3inches of water) with one sprinkler that is not fun for an active toddler. Diapered & swim diapered children are not allowed in the H2O zone, or any other pools. My son wanted to keep going into the sprinkler section, he saw all the other kids in there.
- This is enforced too
- Fridge does not stay cold enough for the milk, so get it at dinner or from room service right before you want to use it
- Everyone was so friendly to us and our son, they remembered his name, what he liked, just like the adults.
- The babysitting service are available for $10 an hour, but only in your room, and I didn't want my son confined to our small room.
Wish I would have brought
- Alarm clock
- Walkie Talkies Less
Cabin review: K Interior Stateroom
Baby monitors don't work. Free wifi would be awesome!Read All Interior Stateroom (K) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Cave Tubing & Aerial Trek
Rate: $ 56.00 per person w/transportation. We are a very small private funky beach hangout 4 miles from the public malecon(boardwalk). Free wifi and beach massages for $ 25.00 half hour, $ 45.00 hour.
If you decide not to go on a excursion, there is a pool with swim up bar and lots of stores right at the port
First Time Cruising - Excellen...
Carnival has improved
Girls just want to have fun
Liberty fell a little short
Cruise that created lasting li...