Eurodam Cruise Review by BeCruisin

Cruise Date: March 2011
Cabin Category: VA

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Wedding Cruise
This is my second Holland America Cruise and the first on the Eurodam. We flew in to Florida the day before sailing and stayed at a hotel close to the port. We shuttled over to the port at 10:00 a.m. and were allowed to start the embarkation process. We were held in an area until 11:15 and then allowed to board. We were sent directly to the Lido for lunch. The cabins were ready a little after noon. We were pleased with our cabin. It was very clean and our steward Eto was very personable.

I had read a few posts and was concerned about the condition of the ship. I found all public areas to be "sparkly clean". There were a few areas where the carpet was a little worn, but otherwise I didn't see anything that I would deem unacceptable.

We did splurge and secure a cabana for the cruise. It was well worth the money. A great "napping" area for my husband! Honestly, it was great. Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries every afternoon, lunch delivered to the cabana, and great bar service. We were definitely pampered!

I used the fitness center every morning. It was a "Hopping" place, but managed to use the equipment I needed. I was impressed with the activities the fitness center provided.

We chose to do "anytime" seating for dinner. We tried it last year on another cruise line and loved it, but found hard to get a table for two (even when we made reservations). Sometimes the tables for 8 are a little noisy and my husband has trouble hearing through all the noise.

The only thing we were disappointed in was the entertainment. We like to dance and have a good time and found the venue's were just not there. We tried to piano bar a couple of times, and the Queens Lounge, but everything shut down around 10. :(

Publication Date: 03/17/11