“Wedding Cruise”

BeCruisin
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This is my second Holland America Cruise and the first on the Eurodam. We flew in to Florida the day before sailing and stayed at a hotel close to the port. We shuttled over to the port at 10:00 a.m. and were allowed to start the embarkation process. We were held in an area until 11:15 and then allowed to board. We were sent directly to the Lido for lunch. The cabins were ready a little after noon. We were pleased with our cabin. It was very clean and our steward Eto was very personable.

I had read a few posts and was concerned about the condition of the ship. I found all public areas to be "sparkly clean". There were a few areas where the carpet was a little worn, but otherwise I didn't see anything that I would deem unacceptable.

We did splurge and secure a cabana for the cruise. It was well worth the money. A great "napping" area for my husband! Honestly, it was great. Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries every afternoon, lunch delivered to the cabana, and great bar service. We were definitely pampered!

I used the fitness center every morning. It was a "Hopping" place, but managed to use the equipment I needed. I was impressed with the activities the fitness center provided.

We chose to do "anytime" seating for dinner. We tried it last year on another cruise line and loved it, but found hard to get a table for two (even when we made reservations). Sometimes the tables for 8 are a little noisy and my husband has trouble hearing through all the noise.

The only thing we were disappointed in was the entertainment. We like to dance and have a good time and found the venue's were just not there. We tried to piano bar a couple of times, and the Queens Lounge, but everything shut down around 10. :(

Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Port
Love, love, love this little place. It is so quaint and peaceful. We have been to this port twice and have taken a snorkeling excursion, but we really enjoy just walking around and laying on the beach. It is a beautiful place and they have a small beach next to Margaritaville..

Read 1,364 Grand Turk Reviews
Port
I have taken excursions in San Juan, the city tours are very informative. This time we decided to do it on our own. We walked from the ship to the Fort. We took some great pictures, so bring your camera. While at the fort we took a guided tour. I have been to the fort before, but never took a guided tour. I got so much more out of it as the guide walked us through the grounds. If you are a history buff...this one is for you.

We walked back through the shops and ate at a small restaurant to sample to cuisine. The market square has vendors selling a variety of goods. The streets are narrow and most are bricked. Wear good walking shoes, as the town is very hilly.

Read 2,276 San Juan Reviews
Port
I will have to say this was our favorite port this cruise only because we were married while at port. This is a second marriage for both of us, so we wanted something intimate...just the two of us. We located a minister a few months ago and he arranged the details. It was an easy process. The only thing we had to do prior to the cruise was send in an application for marriage to the court. Our minister handled everything else. He picked us up from the port and took us to a very secluded beach (Lindquist Beach). It was beautiful. We also stopped at a scenic point overlooking Megan's Bay. After the ceremony, we returned to the ship, changed clothes, and went downtown for lunch and shopping. A beautiful port for water activities, beach lounging, or shopping. Great food at Gladys' Restaurant.

Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 03/17/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Eurodam Review
Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?