Carnival Dream Cruise Review by hot weather lover: Pretty Good

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Pretty Good

Sail Date: March 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our second cruise with carnival. We were excited to try out the newest ship to carnival.

First of all, getting on the ship was quick and painless!

We tried out the new "Cove style" balcony. We loved it! Although, I do understand when people said it was loud when someone next door would just let the balcony door slam. We were always so careful to slowly shut our door because we were aware how loud this was for neighbors. We wished that everyone would have realized this!!

The room was big and wonderful. But here are two suggestions -

1)My husband and I found that the toilet seat in the bathroom was the most uncomfortable thing we have ever sat on! Perhaps in future ships, try find something better

2)I would also recommend that they have small tabletop ironing boards and an iron in the room. Especially if there are formal or elegant nights - it would have been nice to iron our clothes after taking them out of suitcases. More

The last cruise we went on was fabulous, and this one was good too, but it has the exact same ship layout. I think the excitement of it had been lost for us. Because of this, next time we cruise, we will be trying a different cruise line to get that bit of excitement back.

We tried the buffet on the lido deck a couple times, but the food wasn't great. We enjoyed going to the Scarlet dining room for breakfast and enjoyed every supper at the crimson dining room. The service as usual was wonderful.

The sewer smell that everyone is talking about - yeah we could smell it in the hall outside our room. Thankfully once in our room we couldn't smell it at all.

The shows were okay. Not as good as last cruise. One of the shows - forget the name of it, but it was a cowboy theme was really boring. I fell asleep through most of it. But at the end, the cast all starting singing "Proud to be an American". We thought this was pretty bad considering guests from all over the world go on these cruises. There were a lot of Canadians and Europeans on the ship and this show was obviously directed to only American guests.

Overall, Carnival is one of the cheaper cruise lines. You get what you pay for. It was a great time overall and I would recommend to others. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Main

City Tour and Altun Ha Ruins tour - dirtiest, poorest city I have ever seen. It was pretty sad to see the city conditions.

Again dirty place. We went deep sea fishing and was the biggest waste of money ever. Everyone got sick - even the Mexican tour guide!!! No fish and everyone sick. had to turn around and go back early. Then we felt sick the rest of the day!

Zip Lining with Fly High Adventure. Lots of fun.

Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
Awesome. SO GORGEOUS!! Monkey tour. Too many people on the tour so didn't get to interact with monkeys which was really disappointing.

Read 1651 Roatan Reviews