Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Cruises are the best

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Cruises are the best
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: Cruises are the best
Cruise Date: March 2011
Cabin Category: 8F
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        13-15 2.0

Had a BLAST on Carnival Liberty !
Carnival Liberty , March 5Th ! Were a family of 4 , myself , my wife and my two teenagers. We previously sailed on the Carnival Miracle , Carnival Fascination , Celebrity Solstice and the Carnival Liberty !

Embarkation : We arrived at the port of Miami around 11:30 and were on board by 12:30. It went pretty quick and the staff was friendly ! Something that surprise me was that you can bring each a 12 pack of non-alcoholic beverages, so we brought each one. The bottles of water were all sealed and in their package but they still teared the package and shake all the bottles to check there was something in it.

Ship : The ship is in beautiful but the decor was a bit odd. The ship was always spotless and the crew is doing a good job keeping the ship in good shape.

Staterooms : We had a family ocean view staterooms on the 11Th deck , spa deck. The room was a good size and very clean. The room had one bunk bed , a couch that converted into a bed and a queen size bed . The thing i really liked about the room was that there was a big window . The room had a floor-to-ceiling window , which is really sharp ! I liked where the room was situated because it was only about a 2 steps walk to the outside deck at the pool. I would recommend this room to family's .

Food : I read reviews that people were complaining about the food and the service but i did not notice any of these things . The buffet lines were not long and never waited more that 5 minutes in line. The food was hot and good . I liked the fish and chips also , there was no big lineup the times i went there like people says . We picked anytime dinning and were in the Olympic dinning room. The service was good but the 3rd night we ended up having a waitress name Tania and she was the BEST. The nights after we always asked for her and we were lucky to have her for the rest of the cruise . The food was very good , the best I've seen on a cruise yet. You have to try the warm chocolate melting cake ! We ordered room service twice , it took less than 45 wait minutes each time.

Entertainment : I found that there was always something to do on board , there was always live music in different places of the ship. The shows , we went to see were the Welcome aboard , the juggler , the around the world show and the legends show. The shows were good , not impressive , but i mean after you been to Las Vegas shows , you can't really compare. But the dancers and the singers were doing a good job ! The punchline comedy club is also great.

Ports :

Half Moon Cay : What a beautiful beach , it is the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. The water was so blue and the sand was white. Around the lunch hour they served a buffet , it was very nice. The had a lot of picnic table with a roof on top. They also had a band at the bar at the beach.

St Thomas : Beautiful island. We did a excursion , we went snorkeling with captain nautica , i recommend this excursion via Carnival . We saw a lot of fish , turtles and a couple of stingrays. They offered us pop , shrimp on the boat. We also took a walk downtown.

San Juan : When we walked off the ship we took a 10$ per person tour in a bus in San Juan. Nice thing to do because you can visit the town. We also went walking downtown Old San Juan to shop.

Grand Turk : The beach was beautiful but not as much as HMC. You can snorkel right there at the beach. The pool was big and there was live music from Margaritaville. The Flowrider was also near the pool area.

Disembarkation : We were of the ship by 9 . It was very quick and easy.

Overall : I would sailed on Carnival again . Those people know how to make you have a great trip. The islands were all beautiful. We had a lot of fun.

Publication Date: 03/15/11