Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by blueraider76

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by blueraider76
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: blueraider76
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

First Cruise = Awesome!
This was my first cruise and I wasn't sure what to expect. It was absolutely amazing! My wife and I are currently planning our second cruise, it's such a great way to travel!

First, the pros.

The staff was top notch. My sister has a severe peanut allergy and she made Royal Caribbean aware of this several months in advance. The wait staff had a plan ready and went above and beyond to ensure her food was peanut free. They really made her feel taken care of and we were all so appreciative. Julio from Honduras in the Windjammer is such a cool guy. We met him on our day and we looked for his tables every day after that. If you're on this ship, look for Julio, he'll take care of you. The cabin attendant remembered our names after the first introduction and always greeted us like old friends. Our rooms were always clean and taken care of, not one issue at all.

The food. The buffet was good. Lots of new things to try and classic favorites that were pretty good. Some things weren't great and overall it wasn't mind blowing, but there were a few items that were incredible and I love trying the international foods that I never heard of before.

The ship. Beautiful and well maintained. It was easy to get around, the pools and hot tubs were clean, and we felt very safe. The health club was great, it was cool running on a treadmill while watching the coast line and mountains. The Solarium was a cool place to hang out and watch scenery when it was too cold to be out.

The cons.

The entertainment. I don't like casinos, although I did give it a brief shot. I quickly remembered why I don't like casinos. The shows were well produced, but cheesy in general. Not really appealing to the 30 somethings. They had trivia every now and then, but each game only lasted about 20 minutes. We found ourselves getting bored quite a bit.

The shops. Very expensive. Here's an important tip. Avoid the "Shopping Seminar". Here's how it works. "Jimmy" the shopping guy talks up these leather bound coupon books for free stuff at the ports. The books are $30. Now you have to go to all the shops in the book to redeem your free stuff. That's a lot of time spent for trinkets when you can save $30, lots of time, and skip the whole deal. Anything with the word "shopping" attached to it should be avoided. Those are the only two complaints we had, far from impacting the quality of the trip.

Publication Date: 03/15/11