Disney Dream Cruise Review by DBCH911

Entertainment 5+
        10-12 1.0

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Living the Dream
I cruise as often as I can. My son and I love it! We decided to book the Dream after seeing all that it had to offer. We decided to take my Mom with us as she had never sailed with Disney before. We live in Daytona Beach and drove about an hour to Port Canaveral. We arrived at the port arouns 11am. Parking was a breeze. It was raining when we reached the port but it cleared up before we sailed. Check in was very quick. My Mom took care of that and we were ready to go before I was finished parking the car. While we waited to board, I brought my son to the youth registration area. We had filled out our paperwork online so we were quickly processed and my son was issued his youth club bracelet. This bracelet is used to check the children in and out of the kids club. It's a bit bulky and my son did not care for it but he lived with it for the 3 days that he had to wear it. We were in the #5 group to board and we were on the ship by 11:45.

As we entered the atrium, we were greeted by name by the DCL staff. It's a nice touch and my son loved it. We were immediately given instructions on where to go to get some lunch and headed to Cabanas. Being one of the first groups to board, Cabanas was not overly busy. We were hown to a table and helped ourselves to lunch. We found the food to be hot and fresh and very good. They had much to choose from. Some of the items offered were shrimp, crab claws, mussels, carved roast beef, carved turkey breast, lamb chops, steak, pizza, burgers, hot dogs, pasta, fresh veggies and fruit, french fries, Indian curry, asian entrees, etc....

At 1:30, we went to our cabin. We had booked a deluxe verandah on deck 10, cabin # 10664. Our cabin was spacious and spotlessly clean. The verandah was huge!! We had 2 chairs and a table as well as 2 chaise lounges. It was on the aft end of the ship. There was plenty of storage and we had no problem finding the space we needed with some to spare. Our luggage was already in our room so we quickly unpacked and stored our suitcases under the bed. Our room stewardess came to introduce herself and greet us. She was very friendly andmaintained our room beautifully. She also explained how the stateroom operated. You use your key card in order to run the lights, tv, air conditioning, and toilets. She left a spare card with us to leave in the room for conveinance. We left to explore the ship until the lifebboat drill. The drull was quick and painless. No life jackets are required and our muster station was in the comfort of the Evolution lounge.

After the lifeboat drill, we went to deck 11 in order to attend the sail away party. We were given pom pom type items to shake around and dance with. It was fun and the kids loved the character participation. Afterwards, we went to our cabin in order to get ready for early dinner seating. Dinner that night was to be in the Enchanted Garden resturant. The dining room was very pretty. It was like eating in a French garden. Our servers were Gabi and Annaya. They were excellent! They were quick to fulfill our every request. My son ate the children's baked salmon and loved it. He left after dinner in order to go to the kids club. He's 10 so he was able to check himself in and out at will. My mother ate the carmelized scallops, spinach salad, and Banana's Foster sundae. I ate the pork tenderloin, Spinach salad, and Banana's Foster Sundae. We both agreed that the food was very good. My only complaint was that the pork was underdone for my taste. I like mine well done. After dinner, we went to the show of the evening. Tonight was the Golden Mickey's. I had seen this show on the wonder but enjoyed it just as much this time around. They had changed it a little bit. We hung out in the district afterwards and then my sone and I went to the midnight prem-EAR of Mars Needs Moms in 3D in the Buena Vista theater.

Friday was Nassau day. We slept in and had breakfast at Cabana's. We left the ship and did some shopping before lunch. We returned to the ship to swim and have lunch before meeting for our tour excursion in the District lounge. We had booked the Nassau city tour and Ardastra Gardens & Zoo. Our guide, Carven, was very funny and made the tour very enjoyable. We all enjoyed the zoo. It's small and a bit run down but the people there were very nice and entertaining. We went to the marching Flamingo show and I was able to go onto the field with the Flamingos. They were a lot of fun (I'm a huge animal lover)and I even got a "kiss" from one of them. We returned to the ship after our tour and went to the pool until dinner. The lines for the Aquaduck were long so we skipped it for that afternoon. Dinner this night was in the Royal Palace. This restaurant is beautiful! They had very charming touches throughout the dining area such as carriage shaped bread baskets and tiara window treatments. My son and mother ate the tenderloin and lobster for dinner. Mom and I had the French Onion soup. The soup was good but I thought that the bread and cheese inside of it left a lot to be desired. We had creme brulee for dessert and that was excellent! I could have ate 10 more of them! The show that night was Villain's. This was my son's favorite. It was very funny and well done. This night was pirate night. We went to the pirate party on deck. My son was very tired so we headed back to the cabin around 9:30. He fell asleep so we watched the Buccaneer Blast from our veranda. The fireworks were directly overhead and it was great!

Saturday was spent in Castaway Cay. I love this place. It's perfection! We spent the morning on the beach. The water was VERY cold. We had lunch at Cookie's Too. The food was all very good. The ribs fell off of the bone. My sone ate a hot dog and grilled Mahi that he loved. There was ice cream, banana bread, cake, and giant chocolate chip cookies for dessert. There is a lot to do on Castaway Cay. We went back to the ship after lunch in order to ride the Aquaduck. The lines were much shorter and we got to have a few rides on it. What fun! My son is 10 ans is 52 inches tall. He had to ride with someone so I went with him. You must be 48 inches tall to ride this ride and 54 inches tall to ride alone. We swam in the Donald Duck pool and watched Tunnelvision for the afternoon. Dumbo was playing. Dinner this night was in the Animator's Palate. Cute restaurant! The characters from finding Nemo swim from table to table to interact. Unfortunately there was a technical problem and Crush was unable to speak to anyone while we were in there. Disappointing but cute, none the less. My son had Mac & cheese for dinner. Mom had shrimp pasta and I had tenderloin. The food was great. Brownie cheesecake for dessert. The show tonight was Believe. It was my favorite of the three that we saw. It had a little bit of everything in it. Nobody does it like Disney! Afterwards, my son and I played the onboard detective game. We solved the mystery of the stolen puppies by following clues provided through the interactive art found throughout the ship. It was a lot of fun and good exercise. My son loved it! We went shopping and bought some photos and souvenir's. We hung out on deck and then went back to the cabin to pack. We has a 6:45am seating for disembarkation breakfast in the Animator's Palate the following morning.

Overall, we thought that the cruise was fabulous. I liked it so much, I booked a 7 night on the Disney Fantasy for next year! I honestly have no complaints about the trip at all. I loved every minute of it. I will definitely cruise with Disney again.

Publication Date: 03/15/11