Carnival Pride Cruise Review by momof2cruiser: Perfect from the beginning until the end!

momof2cruiser
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Perfect from the beginning until the end!

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband, my 2 children and I cruised on February 20th on the Pride. We read many mixed reviews, and weren't quite sure what to expect. We had an amazing vacation and it was simply perfect from the moment we got on the ship until we got off!

My husband and I are both professionals from the Northeast and cruised this week because it was the winter break for my children and myself (as I am a teacher). The crowd on the ship was mostly from the Northeast and we met many very nice people!

My children (6 and 11 years old) loved camp carnival and begged us to go daily to the many activities offered. They both made friends and had the time of their lives! The camp itself was well organized and I was very impressed with the fact that since it was a common winter break, with so many children on board, they were able to keep it well organized and personalized at the same time. My children enjoyed many activities such as Bingo, decorating t-shirts, decorating and creating More hats, decorating tote bags, dance parties, movie parties, video game parties, scavenger hunts....etc. It was also VERY CLEAN and all the children had to wash their hands upon entering! :)

We stayed in an extended balcony and loved the view immensely! The children even ate room service out on the balcony a couple of times! The room itself was spacious enough for 4, once we unpacked and put our empty luggage under our beds. The room was very clean and our steward was amazing!

The food in the Main dining Room was scrumptious! Every meal was delicious and my children equally agreed. My 11 year old ate mainly from the main menu and my 6 year old ate from the children's menu and selected some items from the main menu. We even took a tour of the kitchen and were so impressed by the cleanliness and the fact that everything is made from scratch! I can't imagine how or why people have written mixed reviews about the food. My husband and I live in an area in the Northeast, where there are many fine restaurants (which we dine at frequently), and we agreed that the ship food (whether it was in the main dining room or buffet) was top notch! Every meal was elegant and delicious (and very fresh).

The entertainment was great! The entire family enjoyed the shows in the Taj Mahal. There were so many options throughout the cruise, whether it was a comedy show, visiting the piano bar, going to the sushi bar, casino, dancing at the night clubs, going to a late night pool party with live music...etc. However, if you wanted to just sit back and relax, you could do so just about anywhere, including the Adult Only Serenity area! So relaxing!

The ship itself was very clean, cozy and very pretty!. The atrium is a bit drab (as others have mentioned in reviews) but that certainly didn't change our vacation. We still gathered to listen to the live music in the atrium and danced on the dance floor! There were 3 pools, and one of them had a glass dome that opened and closed, so even when we left port in 40 degree weather, the kids were able to swim! The ship handled the Atlantic Ocean well, and none of us felt sea sick, even in slightly rougher seas.

We purchased our own shore excursions when visiting Florida and the Bahamas and had a wonderful time! Our goal was to soak up the sun and enjoy the beautiful beaches, which we did! Luckily, we had terrific weather throughout the cruise.

I just want to assure anyone who has a trip planned on the Pride (or thinking about booking one) to know that it was a wonderful time, and my husband and I are already looking into another Carnival Cruise for next year. We give this trip an A +++ ! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>