Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Spikah: Sapphire Princess Cruise to Hawaii

Sapphire Princess Cruise to Hawaii

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We sailed from LA on Feb 26. The weather was not great, but that did not stop us. Don't think I would do that destination again as we only had 4 days of sun. It was to cold and rainy to be outside most of the days. We still enjoyed the cruise. We were told the average age on the cruise was 70. Gee I felt young!

We especially like the Crooner's bar. The bartender's Alfredo and Tatiana were great. No one made a Mud Slide like Tatiana and Alfredo made the best Margaritas and Martinis. We had so many mud slides that we were called the Mud Slide girls. I think sales of them were way up because of us! The two waiters, JayMark and Orest were the best. They always had a smile on their face. I think Orest was being moved to Skywalkers for the next cruise. The ship rocked and rolled, but that did not seem to bother anyone. We were not affected by the tsunami (we were heading to Ensenada at the time).

If you get a chance, take the Ultimate Ship Tour. My sister and I did and it More was great. We got to see the Medical facility, the Photo Shop, the Print Shop, The Galley, The room where the mooring ropes and anchors are, The Control Room, Backstage at the Theatre and met some of the dancers, and of course the Bridge. The tour is 3 hours long and well worth it. You got a drink and snacks in the galley as well as on the bridge. One of the ships photographer took group pictures along the way and we received them after the tour. We also got a personalized note pad, a chefs jacket and one of the heavier suite robes.

We had a great time and would do it again--only at a warmer time of the year.

All in all it was great. All of the staff always had a smile on their face.

If you get a chance go for it! Less

Read more Sapphire Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sapphire Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Sapphire Princess Mini-Suite with Balcony Emerald

Loved our cabin. We had a mini suite with the balcony. The balcony was comfortable for 3 people and a table. Bathroom was big. Closets were also adequate (there were 3 women in out room) and we had not storage problems. They updated our televisions to flat screens while we were there. The balcony was very quiet. Never heard our neighbors.

Not much to do. Took a shuttle to the shopping area. Same stuff in all of the shop---mainly touristy items. Did't feel as safe there as in other places. Got to watch where you walk as the sidewalks are very uneven and even have holes in them. Those that did not take the tours were off the ship less than an hour. I heard there were armed guards with machine guns and masks covering their faces, but I did not see them. Take my advice stay on the ship.

Read 245 Ensenada Reviews

(3)
It was ok. Not much to do unless you take a tour. Seems like the wind is always blowing when we are there.

Read 269 Hilo Reviews

Great town. Lots to do. We rented a car and drove around the island. We have been there lots of times and knew what we wanted to do. Wish we would have had 2 days there.

Read 264 Honolulu Reviews

Also another port that there is not much to do unless you take a tour.

Read 236 Kauai Reviews

(5)
Fun port. Lots of shops to walk and look at if you do not take a tour.

Read 262 Maui Reviews