Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by PammyLovesCruising: Amazing Cruise on Conquest

PammyLovesCruising
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Amazing Cruise on Conquest

Sail Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my second cruise, but the first one with my husband.

The first cruise that I went on was with a few of my girlfriends, on Carnival Victory, in an ocean view room. My second cruise was with my husband, and we splurged and got a balcony... I will tell you that I will never again go on a cruise without a balcony...it was amazing. We sailed from Galveston Texas. When we arrived at the terminal, we were told that we would be late boarding, due to the fact that the ship was late getting into port, because of fog... we finally boarded after waiting in the cruise terminal for 4 1/2 hours. When we got to our room, and just stood on the balcony, it was an amazing view. Our cabin was at the back of the ship, so we were looking at a Royal Caribbean ship directly behind us. We did not leave port until 2:00 in the morning, because of the fog... it was one of those really strange occurrences. The ship was 4 hours late getting into port, and 10 hours late leaving port...but we were More awoken at around 2:00 am, to the rocking of the boat. We really, moved over night, because we did not miss any of the ports of call, and actually got to most of them early.

All in all it was a really incredible cruise...I do not do excursions, but will not go on any other cruises where Jamaica is a port of call, they are very pushy people, and do not take no for an answer.

I will only cruise with Carnival. I love the atmosphere, I love the service, and I love the ocean. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Upper 6487

I have been on three cruises, this one was my second. I have never had a problem with space on any of the ships that I have sailed on. I have been in ocean view (Carnival Victory - February 2006) (there were three women on that one) and the amount of space was incredible. My other two were balconies, one was the back of the ship (Carnival Conquest - January 2010) and Carnival Valor was a side balcony -- all of them had ample closet and drawer space.

Only shopping here, there wasn't much close to the pier for swimming and the excursions IU found were really expensive.

Read 3142 Cozumel Reviews

Amazing beach, amazing people, my favorite ports of call. The color of the buildings and the beach is amazing.. for a few dollars you get a taxi to Sea Grape Beach... it is worth it... do not buy the excursion from the cruise line it is not worth it. For less than 20$ you can get to and from the beach, and get a chair with an umbrella.

I do not like Jamaica, the people are pushy and do not take no for an answer, they hound you until you either buy something or until you tell them where to go, and you cannot be polite... they do not accept polite... they accept rude, and even then they do not understand.

I do not recommend getting off of the ship in Jamaica. I am going on my fourth cruise, and will not choose a cruise if Jamaica is one of the ports of call.