Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Empress Kitty: Oasis of misery

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Oasis of misery

Sail Date: March 2011

We decided to try this very large ship for a lark because I had read many decent reviews before booking. Unfortunately I didn't do enough homework about the very bizarre lay-out of this ship. It is extremely chopped up, very difficult to orient yourself even after several days. Strangely it has few views of the ocean unless you go out to the EXTREMELY over crowded pool decks.

If you think that you can have better luck by booking a very expensive crown loft suite that purports to be ocean front with a100 ft balcony, think again!! We did just that! This ultra deluxe suite overlooked a basketball court, putt putt golf course, the aqua theater, and the zip line flew right by our room! About 100 yards across from us was a 5 story high smoke stack and then beyond that we saw a glimpse of the ocean! No kidding, I guess this is why they so thoughtfully put binoculars in the room! Did I mention we were on the 17th floor looking down at the boardwalk through a long corridor of More hundreds of interior balcony rooms? Yet we were considered ocean front! As soon as we checked in and saw the view of all of the above mentioned carnival I called the front desk and begged for another room explaining that the whole point for our vacation was to relax and have quiet and a view of the ocean, the foreign speaking gentleman at the front desk assured me that all rooms were occupied and that there were 6000 guests on board! This particular point of dissatisfaction with the ship can't really be blamed on RCCL. It is well known that this is the largest ship in the world. If you enjoy lots of drunk, rude, obnoxious, mostly people with no class from all over the world fighting to get food and elevators and any of the activities offered on board than this might be the ship for you! Also get ready to pay extra for anything that might make the trip somewhat more tolerable.

The shows are over-booked! Not a problem if you book a very expensive suite, the concierge will hook you up with a special VIP pass! If not you probably won't get to see most of them.

We decided to try anytime dining for the first time. This is a 3-ring circus! You still have to make a reservation and when you show up in the designated dining room on the 4th floor with no ocean windows, you will be stuck somewhere near a pole in the dark, rarely with other diners unless you bring them with you!

The food is the absolute WORST food I have EVER eaten on any cruise! Don't even bother with the Windjammer, I have had much better hospital cafeteria food, and I am not kidding! The main dining room had horrible boring choices, hard cold vegetables, over cooked meat, rancid fish and not one decent dessert! On lobster night we waited over one hour for the main course and they brought me out a shriveled black lobster with the consistency of mashed potatoes! I almost never send food back but after one bite I knew it was truly BAD! I did get diarrhea that night! TMI?

I will tell you that the restaurant called 150 Central Park was excellent! One of the best meals I have had anywhere and well worth the extra$35 per person to get one decent meal!

We booked an excursion with the concierge on board for a speedboat and snorkel tour for Cozumel. When we arrived at the place we were told to meet we waited a half hour and nobody showed up. I found a RCCL rep who told us that company went out of business but that we could join another different snorkel excursion that was just then leaving! It was a good thing I started asking questions when I did or we would have had no excursion on that cruise! When I went back to tell the concierge about the defunct company so that he could take it out of his book he didn't believe me and as far as I know they are still selling this excursion that no longer exists!

Do you like a casino on a cruise? I do! Well, Oasis has the largest casino outside of Las Vegas I have ever seen with a couple hundred slot machines at least! It has a large Marquis bragging that they pay out up to 99%! I can tell you that I have NEVER in my life seen cheaper, tighter slot machines anywhere in the world! I feel like the biggest sucker on Earth that I kept trying because I probably lost $1000 in those stupid cheating machines and for every $50 I put in I might see $2-5 come back! No kidding! I never got ahead once in the 5 days I played! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas 1730

Crown loft suite 1730 you should be very ashamed to sell this as a luxury ocean front suite! We were mortified and the most disappointed we have EVER been on any cruise! We booked a luxury ocean front suite in order to rest, read, relax look at the water, etc. What we were horrified to find was a room that overlooked a carnival boardwalk, a basketball court, a putt putt course, a zip line and the aqua theater. About 100 yards directly ahead was a 5 story high tower with the blazing emblem "Oasis of the Seas" that was our $8000 vacation for a week! RCCL just lost 2 clients that have spent about $45,000 with you over the last 12-15 years!

We had to miss it due to high winds they couldn't dock the ship.

Had fun snorkeling but the tour we bought was out of business and the ship is still selling it!

Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews