Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 5

“LOVED IT !!!!!”
Cruise review of Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

Atiu
Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

We had booked the cruise from Cape Town to Adelaide 12 months in advance and I have been that excited to get on board. But months before departure I started reading many negative reviews about Cunard and the Queens in general. That I started to get paranoid and was thinking should I cancel this trip. I even rang Cunard and raised my concerns. Well I am so glad I didn't. This was my wife and I 10th cruise, so we were not beginners. We had the best most relaxing time ever. The food was excellent, spa excellent, great movies , the addition restaurants with surcharges was some of the best meals I have ever tasted. The staff were excellent, we even tipped our restaurant staff on top of the Cunard's automatic tipping. Our standard inside cabin was spotless and excellent steward "Jason" kept it that way all trip. The decor was amazing, I just loved the art deco theme with the history mixed in. The wide passageways and the whole experience was very Grand. The trip on Queen Mary 2 was full of More lifetime memories we will never forget.

1/ The minor negative to mention was when the Ship arrived in port and you had day tour guests and people planning to do there own thing the movement in the passages seems to be disjointed and there were never enough staff to guide people in the right direction.

2/On elegant casual nights men should be able to dine Jacket free.

3/When the get into Australian waters they should broadcast Australian Sky TV - not the one from London So I just cant get my head around so much negative feedback - things are always never perfect in life but when you are on holidays, there is no need to stress and whinge the whole time - enjoy life enjoy the fact that you had the funds to board a Cunard liner - Life is to short to whinge about every little detail. I know there are thousands of travelers out there that compare the QM2 to the QE2 that it's not as good but it's not the same liner and now it's not the same operators.

Final Comment - Cunard in my mind is very good value for money if you are content to stay in a inside cabin (sorry stateroom). Less

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Australia & New Zealand

Helpful? Thank Atiu
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Australia & New Zealand

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?