Carnival Glory Cruise Review by tigercat: Our first B2B cruise/Jan 23rd and 30th

tigercat
Member Since 2003

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Our first B2B cruise/Jan 23rd and 30th

Sail Date: January 2011

We were so excited about our B2B that we were at the port by 10:30 a.m. We got checked in and then were directed to the lounge. As I have a walker we were going to have to go up the elevator. It wasn't long before our number was called and up we went. The only thing was that we ended up not getting a embarkation picture. As soon as we got on the ship we went and got our tickets for the Behind the Fun tour. Next was lunch and then we were able to go see our cabin. The cabin was nice, but the balcony was amazing. We had a back aft wrap room. We ended up spending a lot of time out there. Our own private area. The ship was clean and everywhere we went people were cleaning. On the Lido deck there were people clearing tables and when I was by myself at the buffet it seemed someone would come over and ask me if I needed help. We had early dining and and were really happy with it. The first week we ended up with a table for 2 but we asked the Maitra'd to make sure we had a window seat with More several people the 2nd week. He was very accommodating. I have several things I need to stay away from and they made sure all my meals were just as good as my husbands. The Maitra'd and his Assistant were wonderful and did so much for us. I was also happy with the food except for my meal at the Steakhouse. My husbands was okay but they really didn't do a good job with mine. I felt it was a waste of money.

However, we did the Chef's Table and I can't say enough about it. I was worried that after they found out what I couldn't eat they would say they couldn't accomondate me but they didn't and we had a fantastic meal. We will do it again next time.

The Behind the Fun tour was also fun and I enjoyed some of it although me husband enjoyed the other part of it. The bridge was the highlight and meeting the captain was great. He was so nice.

We had a problem on each of the cruises but both times it was taken care of immediately. The first was the next cabin brought an Ipod with speakers and turned it up full blast. The second week a man was flicking his cigarette and all the ashes flew all over us. I tried to be nice and tell him but before I could say anything he gave me the finger. Guest services took care of it within 1/2 hour of me calling them. It never happened again. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Empress 7445

We had room 7445. It was a aft wrap balcony room. It was amazing. The room was not big but big enough for the 2 of us. We had enough closet space and the bathroom was okay. We had 2 big windows as well as the balcony door that was all window. On our balcony we had 3 chairs a lounge chair, 2 side tables and we took the table from the room outside. There was still a lot of room left over. We were able to see the side of the ship as well as the back. We didn't notice any rocking or any other problem that I had heard about before going. I ate most of my lunches out there as well as my afternoon tea. We also spent most of our evenings out there enjoying the view. We would get this cabin again if possible. Also, being at the very aft we didn't have a lot of noise in the halls. We were right up against the crew staircase but it was never a problem.

We were suppose to go to Belize but ended up in Costa Maya. My husband went to another ruins and was very happy. He enjoyed it. I went and had a lunch with a Mayan couple. It was really fun and the food was good. I learned how to make my own tortilla (sort of) and it was really nice to see how they live.

My husband went the ruins and was really excited and happy about it. He enjoyed it. I stayed on the ship (he left my passport in the safe and took the card with him) and went to the spa. I loved it. It was a really nice massage and no sales after.

Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

We took the turtle, Hell and stingray tour with the ship. I like turtles so was happy to see them. It would have been fun to swim with they but at least I swam with the stingrays. That was a lot of fun although for someone as short as I was it was a bit of a challange to keep my feet on the bottom. The water was really warm and clear. I really enjoyed that. Hell was okay but really just a tourist trap. Don't need to go there again.

We took another ships tour that took us around the Island and then we were suppose to go to a private beach. However, my husband decided that we didn't need to go to the beach. The beach right at the pier was full and not inviting so we ended up back on the ship. The Island tour was good but next time we would do something on our own.

We have been before and were not really interested in doing much. We went and checked out some of the stores by the pier and that was it.

Read 2631 Nassau Reviews

I have been here before so we took a tour around the island.

Read 1647 Roatan Reviews

Again a tour with the ship.
Read 1362 San Juan Reviews

We went over to St. John's and took a ships tour around the Island. It was interesting and a good introduction to the island. Again, next time would do something different.
Read 2326 St. Thomas Reviews