Carnival Glory Cruise Review by tigercat

Cruise Date: January 2011
Cabin Category: 9C
Entertainment Not Rated

Our first B2B cruise/Jan 23rd and 30th
We were so excited about our B2B that we were at the port by 10:30 a.m. We got checked in and then were directed to the lounge. As I have a walker we were going to have to go up the elevator. It wasn't long before our number was called and up we went. The only thing was that we ended up not getting a embarkation picture. As soon as we got on the ship we went and got our tickets for the Behind the Fun tour. Next was lunch and then we were able to go see our cabin. The cabin was nice, but the balcony was amazing. We had a back aft wrap room. We ended up spending a lot of time out there. Our own private area. The ship was clean and everywhere we went people were cleaning. On the Lido deck there were people clearing tables and when I was by myself at the buffet it seemed someone would come over and ask me if I needed help. We had early dining and and were really happy with it. The first week we ended up with a table for 2 but we asked the Maitra'd to make sure we had a window seat with several people the 2nd week. He was very accommodating. I have several things I need to stay away from and they made sure all my meals were just as good as my husbands. The Maitra'd and his Assistant were wonderful and did so much for us. I was also happy with the food except for my meal at the Steakhouse. My husbands was okay but they really didn't do a good job with mine. I felt it was a waste of money.

However, we did the Chef's Table and I can't say enough about it. I was worried that after they found out what I couldn't eat they would say they couldn't accomondate me but they didn't and we had a fantastic meal. We will do it again next time.

The Behind the Fun tour was also fun and I enjoyed some of it although me husband enjoyed the other part of it. The bridge was the highlight and meeting the captain was great. He was so nice.

We had a problem on each of the cruises but both times it was taken care of immediately. The first was the next cabin brought an Ipod with speakers and turned it up full blast. The second week a man was flicking his cigarette and all the ashes flew all over us. I tried to be nice and tell him but before I could say anything he gave me the finger. Guest services took care of it within 1/2 hour of me calling them. It never happened again.

Publication Date: 03/12/11