Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Margaret Brown: Not Good Vibrations

Not Good Vibrations

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Safaga

This was our sixth cruise with Thomson and sorry to say very disappointing. The vibration and noise on the ship was just horrendous. I cost me several nights sleep,( I was so tired at 5:30 in the morning I was in tears at reception though sheer exhaustion)As the trips we wanted to do were of a very long duration 10 to 15 hours. We were so tired that we actually only done the trip to Petra as the others can all be done on other cruises. As a result we spent six complete days on board ship apart from a stroll around Aqaba,(only port supplied with a shuttle bus) in the most horrible ports watching our glasses, books and drinks vibrate across the table.

A trip to the loo was a revelation,I thought I had attached myself to some kind of weight loss machine, I wobbled in places I didn't know I had.

If it had not been for the wonderful passengers on board I can safely say the holiday would have been a complete waste of money.

To be fair the food and restaurant More service was very good, but the drinks service on the outer decks was the worst that we have ever had. I do not expect to be clearing my own tables, getting my own drinks and I certainly do not expect to have to go and find the waiter in order to retrieve my card in order to go to the bar and serve myself.It is the only time we have never tipped a waiter/waitress at the end of a holiday.

It was on average anywhere between 20 and 45 mins to get served after they had taken our order you could double that waiting for your order to be taken.If they had spent as much time serving as they did watching the shows we might have got some service. The barman was constantly remonstrating with the waiters as he was having to serve the customers in person.

The biggest mystery of all is that Thomson deny that this ship has a vibration/noise problem. Don't deny it just solve it and you will have a lovely ship. Less

Read more Thomson Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Celebration Review >>

Again a very industrial port, but this one had a shuttle bus provided. The Jordanian people were lovely. We felt very safe walking around and were very privileged to have a beautiful little girl approach us and ask us in English " Hello how are you ". She was so proud of herself her whole family clapped and cheered it was a wonderful moment I will treasure.

Read 27 Aqaba Reviews

Unless you went on an organised trip you could not go anywhere. Literally. Very industrial ugly port in the middle of nowhere, just desert to go for a stroll through and that was about half a mile away. Horrible.

Read 40 Safaga Reviews