Carnival Pride Cruise Review by santorini1999

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: VS
        10-12 4.0

Carnival? Never again
My mother, my daughter and I booked a cruise with carnival Pride from Baltimore on Feb. 20th. It is a well priced cruise, but I got the Vista Suite, wrap around balcony and it cost me good money, well over 3 grand. Embarkation was a breeze,V.I.P., and even the ship was late and we were not the first to arrive at the terminal, we were the first to embark. We got a great table at the lido deck, by the way the windows were very dirty, like other people said, and we waited for our rooms to be ready. The cabin was the best. Huge,with living room, walk-in closet, bedroom with 2 ceiling to floor windows and 2 plat screen t.v. but the DVD connection did not worked and they never fixed the entire week. I carry my DVDs and all these movies for nothing, and as you will read later we did need them as we spend days in the room. The balcony was out of this world, huge with 2 sets of chairs and tables and 2 stretchers to lay down.

I got all my suitcases but one, and I knew why not, and I open them. In 10 minutes, everything was in the walk-in closet and the room was neat with nothing in the open, loved it. Around 5 o'clock I start looking for my suitcase. I had a 325 mil bottle of rum inside and I was sure that they found it. It was a very small bottle, few drinks, but that was all I had. 3 hours later and after I walked 3 times from my room at the end of the ship to the guest service area in the frond of the ship, they finally found my suitcase. Then Suuan, the security guy, asked me to open my suitcase right there, in front of all those people who were hanging at the main lobby deck 2 (bar, lobby, guest service area).

I thought that he was jocking, but he was serious. Of course I refuse and asked for a private area to open my suitcase. I felt like a criminal that was caught stealing a bank. Bad judgement from his part. And there was also a lady with him, like an officer, I thought I am going to JAIL!! After a couple of minutes "here, nor here" he gave in and took me to a privet area were I open the suitcase and removed the bottle. I think he looked disappointed, too small of a bottle for such a great deal!!

The first night at the restaurant and I realised what all the other reviewers were talking about, THE FOOD SUCKED. Plain and simply, it was BAD. And I am not a picky eater, I like everything, from meats to veggies, to seafood, and any type of cousin. I just want my food to taste good and on the Pride it did not. The only plate I enjoy was an Indian veggie dish, it was really good.

Second day at the restaurant and my mother had the shrimp and lobster, I am allergic to lobster so I got the meat dish, it was terrible. My mother that night got sick from the dinner and the next 2 days she was vomiting and having diarrhea. The "nurse" said that it was not food poisoning, I think they tell the same story to all the sick people. it was related to food, to the bad cooked food. She missed the Orlando port, but my daughter and I went to Disney.

That 3rd morning before arriving at Orlando around 6 a.m. noise from upstairs, the serenity deck, woke me up. I just had fallen asleep after taking care of my mother. I call and complain and then open the balcony door to try to see what was happening up there. And here is the most BEAUTIFUL part of me trip, filthy water run all over my had and my p.j. YES, you read correct,the cleaning people from the serenity deck were hosing down the deck and they were pushing the waters over my "wrap around balcony"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy things were happening at that Pride.

Of course 4th day and my 12 year old daughter got sick, so we both missed Nassau. We were supposed to go to Atlantis, water park and lunch. The doctor did not allowed my daughter to leave the room after she was treat to I.V. and an injection in her behind. Again of course no food poisoning. Meanwhile my daughter and I got sick that night at the same time, we ate the same food, I was vomiting in the bathroom and she was in a bucket, she just got more sick than I did.

At last in Freeport all 3 of us were healthy and ready to see the port even for those few hours. We took a taxi downtown and for $10 per person we had the best time of the entire week. We went to the beach, not to swim just for the sun. Then we went shopping, we got some great deals and then we ate at Zorba the Greek restaurant, expensive, but the best food we had all week. I am half Greek and a great cook, so it was good food.

After that peaceful afternoon I was counting the hours to get back on shore. Bad sea, high speed and a rocking like a swing ship.Take me home.

Some other details of the trip. The food at the lido deck was cafeteria food. The deli had good food with a bad attitude, the grill next to the pool was not our type of food, so we never had a hamburger or a hot dog. Breakfast we got it from the lido deck. Yogurt, fresh fruits, bagels and cereal with milk is what we eat at home too, no problem there. Room service was one of the same.

The coffee was so bad that I had to give up on it.

The slide on the 10th deck open for only an hour, for the whole week, at Freeport and we missed it.

The baby pool never open.

The shows were a bad joke

The comedian, I show all of his three shows, repeated the same jokes. For the family show with out the F word and for the adult show he added the F word and some other words not appropriate for families. Funny, but only the first time.

The casino smelled so bad smoke, that I got an asthma attack

The bingo was fun, expensive, but fun.

Activities for kids zero, except at the circle C, my daughter loved it.

Our stateroom attendant Leonard and his helper Jonard were the best, always there when we needed them, and we did a lot, always smiling and so polite, we loved them and we show them our appreciation.

Pools were tiny and taking over by the kids, but pools are for the kids anyway!!

After all the sicknesses,vomiting and the rest $30 pick-up and drop-off laundry was well worth it.

Trivia also was something that i enjoy on my lonely hours on board!!

The ship was beautiful and clean

Debarkation was a breeze, V.I.P. have their own sitting area, in the karaoke lounge, and when time comes they come to pick you up and take you out, loved it.

Bottom line- NEVER AGAIN ON CARNIVAL

Not worth it the money, the time and the effort to have fun. Fun has to come natural on vacation, you should not try to find fun. Fun has to find you.

Publication Date: 03/12/11