Azamara Journey Cruise Review by mpslaw: Unexpected and Overwhelmed

Unexpected and Overwhelmed

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: San Diego

Don't get me wrong. I still love Oceania BUT our cruise on the Azamara Journey was an unexpected great experience. First of all my wife and I felt at home. Of course that is partially because we are familiar with the R ships but that home feeling was enhanced by the incredible crew. We could not have asked for more

service with a smile from the fellows down in the hold up to Capt. Johannes. What a pleasure it was to hear his voice and see him strolling around greeting passengers each and every day in all of the venues.

Food...outstanding everywhere. When I asked for steak tartare in Prime C, it was there the next evening. When we asked for special preparation of lobster, it was there. The complimentary wine during lunch and dinner was a welcome addition although the word "complimentary" means nothing in reality because everything really costs in the long run.

While we did not go often to the evening entertainment, what we saw was just fine.

How More would we rate the experience? Well Mr. Pimentel, you done good!!! You made our Five Star plus and we sure hope that RCL will continue to support you in making this the cruise ship to come home to. Less

Read more Azamara Journey cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azamara Journey Review >>

Cabin review: Azamara Journey 8065

8065 is nice as it is close to the elevator. Suggest a work over on electrical outlets however. Absolutely impossible when you have a CPAP. I had to get on my knees to get to an electrical outlet across the room and hidden in the bottom drawer and then use a 6 foot extension cord. We did not find any outlets that were on the walls in the "suite". Otherwise wonderful and as long as I can get off of my knees and up again, I guess I can live with it. Oh yes there was plenty of closet space as well as drawers in the suite and the bathroom was sufficient although personally I detest shower curtains as I get wrapped up in them!!

Acapulco...poor Acapulco. Looks like an armed camp. No longer a jewel...well maybe something like a diamonique?

Read 149 Acapulco Reviews

Cartegena was a delight. A lovely city with beautiful beaches and of course great jewlery stores for the ladies to browse around while us husband's sat in the husband's chairs which most stores so wisely provide. No one accosted us or even offered to sell us drugs

I'm afraid that Mazatlan like Acapulco is fading like an aging former NFL football player. If you like the beach fine...but avoid the hustlers and say clear of some of the streets that are lined with those unfortunates that have their hands out. I feel so badly when I see them but don't have the where with all to support them all.

Read 290 Mazatlan Reviews