Carnival Glory Cruise Review by showtime21

Carnival Glory
Member Name: showtime21
Cruise Date: February 2011
Cabin Category: 4E

Glorious Eastern Carribean Cruise!
My wife and I have caught the cruise bug as this is our third cruise in a year. There were a lot of good things and a few annoyances, but for the most part we really enjoyed our cruise with on Glory.

Bad news first. Having just sailed on RCI's Freedom of the Seas we are spoiled when it comes to activities to do on the ship. Its not a fair comparison since Glory is much older than Freedom, but when you are competing with that ship Glory falls short. There is a few things up on deck to enjoy such as the water slide as well as three pools. But the pools are small and placed in weird places on the Lido deck. The sports deck was a big downfall as my wife and I love sports, the basketball court is only a halfish court with a SMALL volleyball court on the other side but in between them is a glass roof sicking out to allow light into the restaurant below, making playing games impossible. But I will say we had a fun time playing mini golf. Another issue we had was the layout of the ship. We did eventually get used to it but it was frustrating at times. When Freedom felt open and easy to find your way around, Glory felt very cramped and small. In one bar I literally was only a few inches from hitting my head on the ceiling.

On the positive side the entertainment was good. We were disappointed with the comedians but everything else was very well put together, we really enjoyed the magic show. The food is by far the best we have had yet and I strongly suggest the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake it is so die for!! The crew were all very friendly and effecient at their jobs. A few dealers in the casino were wound to tight but that is understandable.

Overal we had a great time on our Cruise with our friends and family. If the price was right we would sail on Glory again but it wouldn't be our first choice. However we would not at all discourage anyone from sailing on Glory.

Publication Date: 03/10/11