Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by theteenexperience

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by theteenexperience
Norwegian Epic
        13-15 2.0
        16+ 1.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

What makes the Epic so SUITE?
The cruising world is one unparalleled by others. A world immense and diverse, yet still linked together in final goal: to amuse the people. In this review I will explain what makes the epic so epic, and why this is an amazing ship.

Background Information

Hi, my name is Jacob. Though I am only thirteen, I am a cruise extraordinaire... I eat sleep breath cruising. I draw them, and book them, and my favorite, go on them. I have managed in my short years to go on over 20 ships on 8 cruise lines. I am part of a family of four, with one sister age 16. On this trip we were lucky enough to bring one friend each.

Before the cruise

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South. It was an all right hotel... we stayed for the night and in the morning used the free shuttle to the port. Once we arrived we were immediately taken to the suite check in area. Here we received special treatment, comfy chairs, and beverages. We were through the whole process in a mere 10 minutes (extra time for larger groups), and onto the boat. Once on the boat we were taken by priority service elevator to the suites area. We were now onboard the epic.

The villas complex

We were immediately in the world of the suites. We waited in the epic club were our butler raul took us on a tour of the suite complex... let me just say this is truly an incredible space. The courtyard pool and hot tubs were of decent size, and were heated (unlike on royal Caribbean). Next we came to the spa area. Inside there is a beautiful sauna, showers, a fitness center, and two steam rooms. Also accessible through here is the magnificent courtyard sundeck. With its comfy chairs, raining shower and unparalleled views it was a sight to behold.

The stateroom

The only problem we ever had in the villa area. When we got there the room smelled intensely of smoke. The concierge took care of everything. Once we got into room 16012 it smelled brand new. The room is absolutely gorgeous. With colored lighting, flower arrangements, beautiful painting and great layout. The room was plenty big enough for 6, maybe even 7. the best part was the master bath. bathing while looking at the sun set over the caribbean, a once in a lifetime experience.

Activities

The ship is amazing. It has activities galore. We'll start at the slides. These were very fun (though can be up to an hour wait on hot days for the epic plunge). My personal favorite is the green slide.

Next is bowling. This was always fun, though the ship sometimes affected our game. It is a very fun space.

The rock and rappelling walls. These are both very exhilarating. The rappelling wall is a long climb for ten seconds going down and the climbing wall is rather short.

The spider web is just a tangled mess though it is fun.

Restaurants

After experimenting with for fee restaurants we came to a conclusion. If you are in a suite, always eat at the epic club. The food here is superb. The best here however was the truffle fries. Here we met the most helpful employee on the ship. Ramona, who works at the epic club would get us anything we wanted, weather she knew what it was or not we got it.

We did however try many specialty restaurants.

La cuchina: good food, good service, and good price

Moderno churiscaria: good meet, not for vegetarians

Teppanyaki: alright food, smaller portions, too loud to talk

The noodle bar: excellent food, good service

But here it gets ugly... we decided to go to the Spiegel tent. This was the worst decision of the cruise. It was incredibly boring (and downright weird) with horrible food, that they seemed to advertise throughout the whole show... weird.

The teen club

This was very absurd. I was too old to be in the younger group and Connor was too young to be in the older group (by a few months) they would not make any objections.

The epic was a world-class experience that I would never trade. I would definitely recommend this ship. So what makes the epic so epic? The suites. If you do have the money book a room that has access to the courtyard, because that alone can make your trip.

Publication Date: 03/10/11