Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review by Wilma Curran

Cruise Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Daubai
Destination: Middle East
Cabin Category: B8
See More About: Costa Deliziosa Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Costa Deliziosa Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Deliziosa Deck Plans
A holiday? It must be cruising
The ship was absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean and the destinations laid out for passengers was first class, most of the time.

The meals and the service in the dining room was excellent. The waiters very helpful and courteous. However the meals in the self service areas was awful. If you did not like pizzas or burgers every day you had unapertising salads. Very unimaginative. No notices to say where breakfast, lunch or dinner was being served and the staff were rude and very unhelpful.

The reception desk - some staff were extremely nice, but others looked as if they did not like their job of work and a brief word was offered.

The information over the tannoy system was in 6 or 7 languages and the British language was spoken so quickly with an accent we could not understand.

I cannot find words to describe the dreadful manners of the other holiday makers on board, I will refrain from mentioning which country's they were from, but the cruise was mainly catered for three main countries - so those reading this review, if it is printed, will know exactly who I mean and they were not British. There were only a handful of British people on board, and those we spoke to were very unhappy with the way we were treated. If I was elbowed out of the way once, it happened on several occasions. I was black and blue!!

The British girl giving the disembarkation talk was appalling. We were told over a full 10 minutes that we must put excellent in box No. 1? If not it would not be fair on all members of staff. Does this tell a story?

Sorry folks, but that was my first Costa cruise and it will be my last.

A very expensive cruise once on board.

Publication Date: 03/10/11