Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review by Wilma Curran: A holiday? It must be cruising

Wilma Curran
0 Post

Compare Prices on Costa Deliziosa Middle East Cruises

A holiday? It must be cruising

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Dubai

The ship was absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean and the destinations laid out for passengers was first class, most of the time.

The meals and the service in the dining room was excellent. The waiters very helpful and courteous. However the meals in the self service areas was awful. If you did not like pizzas or burgers every day you had unapertising salads. Very unimaginative. No notices to say where breakfast, lunch or dinner was being served and the staff were rude and very unhelpful.

The reception desk - some staff were extremely nice, but others looked as if they did not like their job of work and a brief word was offered.

The information over the tannoy system was in 6 or 7 languages and the British language was spoken so quickly with an accent we could not understand.

I cannot find words to describe the dreadful manners of the other holiday makers on board, I will refrain from mentioning which country's they were from, but the cruise was More mainly catered for three main countries - so those reading this review, if it is printed, will know exactly who I mean and they were not British. There were only a handful of British people on board, and those we spoke to were very unhappy with the way we were treated. If I was elbowed out of the way once, it happened on several occasions. I was black and blue!!

The British girl giving the disembarkation talk was appalling. We were told over a full 10 minutes that we must put excellent in box No. 1? If not it would not be fair on all members of staff. Does this tell a story?

Sorry folks, but that was my first Costa cruise and it will be my last.

A very expensive cruise once on board. Less

Read more Costa Deliziosa cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Deliziosa Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Deliziosa Oceanview with Veranda Petunia Deck 8323

Cabin 8323 with balcony. This cabin was of good size and comfort, although I suffer from arthritis and found the bed too hard. (Hard beds are not healthy - the spine is curved and needs to fit into the mattress for overall comfort). The balcony was nice and the whole cabin and en-suite was kept spotlessly clean. It was beneath the self service restaurant and could be extremely noisy at times. The TV had only one channel for British viewers - the BBC news which does not give proper world news.

Dubai is an amazing place and we intend to revisit. We did not have time to explore the country as we would have liked. The shopping malls and markets are wonderful and not at all expensive. When the metro opens this will be incredible.

Oman and Abu Dhabi were quite nice but yet again more time was needed to explore the country properly.

Read 50 Dubai Reviews