Noordam Cruise Review by meggar: Wonderful Vacation

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Noordam Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Vacation

Sail Date: February 2011

We were not disappointed.We were on board the Noordam by 1145 in the morning and we were able to enter our clean and and comfortable room as soon as we boarded. The first people we met were Anwar and Budi, our room stewards--- with out a doubt they set the mood for our entire cruise. These gentlemen always smiled, had a happy greeting and had our room straightened lickity split.

My husband and I chose to have all our meals on the Lido dining room or pool side. We found that dinner time was quieter, the service was just as professional and we had the choice of how much or how little we wanted to eat. Meals were delicious! We loved Eli. She served our meals with such verve and energy, that gal was always happy.

We located the bars that had 2 for 1 each evening, our favorite was the Pinnacle and our favorite mixologist was Alphonso. He makes the best Gimlet!

My husband took advantage of the computer classes daily. I attended one or two classes with him and More found that Jason has a great ability to teach even the most computer illiterate (me). Good job!!

There was plenty to do on board, I took advantage of the cooking and craft classes when I wasn't reading. Our room had a veranda, it was a lovely place to just chill out and read.

I simply just can't say enough about the staff aboard the Noordam-- all were so nice and helpful. Captain Hans had to cancel one of our ports because of the wind, he let his guests know why and that he had the safety of all aboard in mind. Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Cabin review: Noordam Deluxe Verandah Oceanview Upper Promenade 4002

Noisy at the bow and far from the elevator. The veranda had the bottom blocked so you couldn't see out when seated. Another couple of drawers would have been nice`

Beautiful Island. Though we've been here before, this is the first time we took a tour. I always enjoy seeing the local area, the homes and schools. Aruba is full of color.

Read 682 Aruba Reviews

(5.5)
We met "poppa" in the line up of taxi's and he drove us around Bonaire. He explained how salt was obtained and showed us the houses that the slaves lived in. He was very knowledgeable on the vegetation of the island. Do find him for a tour.

Read 238 Bonaire Reviews

Interesting, not a place I would want to go back to. Very expensive

Read 502 Curacao Reviews