“First Timers on the Azura”
Cruise review of P&O Azura

roy Azura 5 First Timers on the Azura
roy
Member Since 2000
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Being first time cruisers my wife and I spent many hours researching seeking advice reading reviews on - time of year,area,length of cruise,cruise line and Ship.We settled on a Caribbean cruise in February on the Azura.

The ease and speed of embarkation was incredible and our cabin with a balcony was very nice and as expected.

The service we received in all areas was excellent and any more I would have felt uncomfortable and demeaning against the crew (but for the grace of God we could have found ourselves in their position)

The choice of places to eat was varied- we however met a good crowd at set dinning for ten and stay with them.Overall the food was very good indeed.

We were a little slow in trying to book the retreat on a sea day however with so much going on I think i would have found it difficult to to sit on a sun bed all day.

Again varied entertainment which was excellent from the sail aways to concerts.How do the Headliners remember all their dance steps in some eight different shows and where do they put all their costumes and scenery?

Prices very reasonable even the supplements for some dinning

We went to dance lessons for the first time and a couple of the many lectures.

Went to the gym a few times but could not use the running machine as at 6 ft 4 hit my head on the ceiling -thats my excuse anyway

We planned the excursions from home and were pleased we did as this enabled us to get an over view of the many islands.However in future we would perhaps make our own arrangements at a couple of the ports.

All 3000 passengers appeared to British and everyone we spoke to were very friendly.Yes it was a large ship but everyone could make their own different holiday from it.

We will cruise again and if the Azura was the only ship to tick all the boxes then we would have no problem in sailing again on her

Azura Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony Stateroom

Port
Nice place to start and went to see a cricket match between Barbados and Jamaica

Read 998 Barbados Reviews
Published 03/08/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Azura Review
Azura Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?