Azura Cruise Review by Roy: First Timers on the Azura

First Timers on the Azura

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Barbados

Being first time cruisers my wife and I spent many hours researching seeking advice reading reviews on - time of year,area,length of cruise,cruise line and Ship.We settled on a Caribbean cruise in February on the Azura.

The ease and speed of embarkation was incredible and our cabin with a balcony was very nice and as expected.

The service we received in all areas was excellent and any more I would have felt uncomfortable and demeaning against the crew (but for the grace of God we could have found ourselves in their position)

The choice of places to eat was varied- we however met a good crowd at set dinning for ten and stay with them.Overall the food was very good indeed.

We were a little slow in trying to book the retreat on a sea day however with so much going on I think i would have found it difficult to to sit on a sun bed all day.

Again varied entertainment which was excellent from the sail aways to concerts.How do the Headliners More remember all their dance steps in some eight different shows and where do they put all their costumes and scenery? Prices very reasonable even the supplements for some dinning

We went to dance lessons for the first time and a couple of the many lectures.

Went to the gym a few times but could not use the running machine as at 6 ft 4 hit my head on the ceiling -thats my excuse anyway

We planned the excursions from home and were pleased we did as this enabled us to get an over view of the many islands.However in future we would perhaps make our own arrangements at a couple of the ports.

All 3000 passengers appeared to British and everyone we spoke to were very friendly.Yes it was a large ship but everyone could make their own different holiday from it.

We will cruise again and if the Azura was the only ship to tick all the boxes then we would have no problem in sailing again on her Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azura Review >>

Cabin review: Azura Balcony Stateroom A Deck R618

Fully as expected if you read all the information provided

Great beaches here

Read 682 Aruba Reviews

Nice place to start and went to see a cricket match between Barbados and Jamaica

Read 703 Barbados Reviews

Our first port of call and just toured the town

Read 502 Curacao Reviews

Very interesting island full of rain forests
Read 491 Dominica Reviews

Missed the train ride but understand this was very good

Would like to have seen more

6 ships in port that day so a little busy