Carnival Glory Cruise Review by cocoasmomma: Major Disappointment

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Major Disappointment

Sail Date: February 2011

My husband & I just returned from a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Glory. We have been on two previous cruises, both on Royal Caribbean. I realize that Royal Caribbean and Carnival are the bottom two rungs on the cruise line totem pole, but our Carnival Glory cruise was so far below par, I just had to write about it.

First, I will say that the staff/crew were very very nice. I do not blame the crew at all for our bad experience. Our dining staff were wonderful, and did a great job. Also, our cabin steward was great. If it weren't for them, I would be really angry that we spent a dime with Carnival.

I found it upsetting that Carnival brags about how they have larger than average staterooms. I say this cannot be true. I also found it upsetting that Carnival says they refurbished this ship last year. If they did, they did not refurbish our cabin, as it was shabby, dingy and run down.

The food on the breakfast & lunch buffets was such a huge More disappointment!!! Poor selection and poor quality. I am not a picky eater, and I found myself grossed out by much of the food--even skipped several meals--rare for me. One of the most fun things about cruising is the wonderful food. Not on this ship. So sad.

I was amazed at how much cigarette & cigar smoke I had to breath. It seemed like the entire ship caters to smokers. I can understand allowing smoking on certain areas of the outside decks, and maybe one bar. This was not the case on the Glory. All the night clubs, the casino, the comedy club, the sports bar, and also some walkways were all smoke filled to the extreme! Ugh!!!!! We wanted to have cocktails and listen to music/dance, but the smoke ruined it for us. Just terrible!!!!

The cruise directors staff seemed kinda flat. They were pleasant, but they seemed like they were bored. Also, who dresses these people??? The uniforms were awful. Not professional. Seems like the employees are not real happy--like something is going on behind the scenes, and moral is low.

The entertainment was pretty bad. Again, I really don't blame the cast. The cast singers sounded good enough. I found the production to be extra cheesy. The costumes were bad, and the shows left way too much to be desired.

The common areas on the ship were not particularly clean. Finger prints, smudges, dirty bathrooms, etc. Overall, I felt the ship was dirty.

If we ever cruise again (and after this cruise, we most likely will not), we will never chose Carnival, it was just that bad. I have no idea how anyone would spend their hard earned money as a repeat guest. Carnival, you can do better that this!!!

If you live in a very small town, and are really dying to be around lots of annoying people, and have no clue what good food or good shows are, you might enjoy this cruise...otherwise DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Interior Riviera

Small, dingy, shabby, run down, poorly laid out.

Read 2663 Nassau Reviews

We did the ATV Ecotour. Beware of the taxi driver Johnathon. He tells AFTER he takes us to our excursion that he knows we were told the ride was $10 per person, but it is really $20 per person. Not acceptable.

Read 1376 San Juan Reviews