Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Russian Bear: Radience is a beautiful mid sized ship

Russian Bear
0 Post

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Radience is a beautiful mid sized ship

Sail Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Tampa

We took this cruise out of Tampa, which is a small port, but they make it very easy to drop off your bags, and park across the street in the garage. A valet service is also offered right where you drop off your bags. Because the port has only 2 or 3 ships docking here, you never feel rushed, or overly crowded.

The ship has a lot of glass, seems very well taken care of, and offers what you'd expect on a mid sized ship, a free buffet, a main dining room which is also free, and a couple restaurants you can pay extra for, but we didn't try.

The food was good, in the buffet and in the main dining room, my only complaint is the selection in the buffet seemed strange, a lot of Indian spicy dishes which I am not a fan of. I felt like the cooks were Indian, or there were Indian employees/guests they were taking care of. I am not a fan of the Sorrentos pizza late night food offered on any of Royal Carib. ships, its the worst food I've had on any cruise line.

The only More stop for this cruise was Cozumel, which we've been to before, so we rent a car at the terminal, and head for our favorite beach about 15km from the port, near San Fran. beach.

My only complaint about the trip with only one stop is you need a bigger ship with more things to do on it, if you're not into hanging out at the pool, loosing all your money in the casino, or non stop drinking at the 10 plus bars, a one stop cruise for 5 days/4 nights gets old! Another 2 stop cruise on the same ship is the one we should have taken, adding Costa Maya, which would take away this complaint Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>