Radiance of the Seas 4

“Radience is a beautiful mid sized ship”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

Russian Bear

Overall Member Rating

We took this cruise out of Tampa, which is a small port, but they make it very easy to drop off your bags, and park across the street in the garage. A valet service is also offered right where you drop off your bags. Because the port has only 2 or 3 ships docking here, you never feel rushed, or overly crowded.

The ship has a lot of glass, seems very well taken care of, and offers what you'd expect on a mid sized ship, a free buffet, a main dining room which is also free, and a couple restaurants you can pay extra for, but we didn't try.

The food was good, in the buffet and in the main dining room, my only complaint is the selection in the buffet seemed strange, a lot of Indian spicy dishes which I am not a fan of. I felt like the cooks were Indian, or there were Indian employees/guests they were taking care of. I am not a fan of the Sorrentos pizza late night food offered on any of Royal Carib. ships, its the worst food I've had on any cruise line.

The only More stop for this cruise was Cozumel, which we've been to before, so we rent a car at the terminal, and head for our favorite beach about 15km from the port, near San Fran. beach.

My only complaint about the trip with only one stop is you need a bigger ship with more things to do on it, if you're not into hanging out at the pool, loosing all your money in the casino, or non stop drinking at the 10 plus bars, a one stop cruise for 5 days/4 nights gets old! Another 2 stop cruise on the same ship is the one we should have taken, adding Costa Maya, which would take away this complaint Less

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 03/08/11

Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?