Eurodam Cruise Review by starfish11206

Cruise Date: February 2011
Cabin Category: SB

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Holland America and staff training
Overall, my family had a good time on this 7 day cruise. It was a welcome break for all of us. We spent just over $15,000 on the cruise/airfare/pre-cruise and post-cruise hotels.

The cruise didn't overly impress us though. The suites we had were ok - clean and comfortable but far from luxurious. The food in the specialty restaurants was good but the dining experience in the main dining room and the lido was not great.

My criticism is almost 100% centered on the staff attitude. The crew had a painfully obvious disregard for their guests. Their responses were directly out of a training manual and lacked any sense of genuine care. They also seemed unwilling to think outside of the box. We quickly learnt that we had to almost always ask 2 people to get the correct response. We are all seasoned travelers and at times we were astonished at the lack of professionalism. I would say that this comment is mostly directed at the food and beverage staff. I believe the solution would be better training We didn't have a lot of contact with the other staff.

Fyi - I did complete the on-board survey which was handed in the night before our return to Florida. This survey includes the passenger name. My comments here mirror those I made on the survey which they have had now for over 10 days. I never heard from Holland America Line.

Publication Date: 03/07/11