“Serenade of the Seas 2/19/2011”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas

Luv2CruiseRCL2 Serenade of the Seas 5 Serenade of the Seas 2/19/2011
Luv2CruiseRCL2
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We just got back from our cruise on Serenade of the Seas. We took the red eye flight into San Juan and toured the city before heading to the boat. We got on board around 2PM and did a walk around the boat to get familiar with it before it started getting busy. Went up to Windjammer and had lunch and went back to our room to wait for our luggage to take a shower. This was the only part of the cruise that was not great. We did not get our luggage until 6PM. The only thing that made this bad was we wanted to take a shower since we had been on a flight all night and wanted to get changed, eat and go to bed early.

The dinning room service was outstanding as always. We asked for a couple of different deserts each to try them out and they were more than happy to bring them. They made me some Indian food twice which was not on the menu for me to try as they knew I loved Indian food! Chops Grill was fabulous as always! We did not have any problems on board as all of the people were great! We loved the stops. The beaches on St Thomas were the best! The weather was perfect mid 80's during the day and mid 70's at night. Can not wait to go on our next cruise on Oasis in November for our Honeymoon!

Serenade of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Port
We did the Spice and Waterfall excursion. Very Boring!!! When we got back to the port we ran into two ladies from our dinning room table and stopped to talk to them. Then some port security officer came over to us and was VERY rude and told us to keep moving. I asked him if there was a problem with us standing there talking? He just looked irritated and told us to get moving. I then walked up to him and asked if I should go get the Ship Security officer, he just said "sorry, sorry" and walked away.

Read 482 Grenada Reviews
Port
We did not do much at this port. We got off the ship and went to the beach by the port. The water had alot of rocks on the bottom and made it very hard to walk around. We went into town and ate at a place called Yum-Yum. It was very good.

Did another zip line. This was by far better than the one the day before. Our driver told us about Banana Ketsup, I know it sounds like yuck, but it tastes like Caribbean Jerk sauce. Ate at a local resturant and it was WONDERFUL! Had a great time here!

Published 03/07/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Serenade of the Seas Review
Serenade of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?