“Mickey Mouse Service with a lot of Cheesy Smiles”
Cruise review of Disney Wonder

Sweet girl Disney Wonder 2 Mickey Mouse Service with a lot of Cheesy Smiles
Sweet girl
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We got on the ship within 20 minutes of arriving at the terminal but it went downhill from there. As you enter the ship they announce your name like you are royalty & then tell you to take your carry ons to the buffet. The cruise line tells you to arrive around noon & then you have to wait 2 hours before being able to go to your room. The deck was full of loud screaming kids running all around with dripping wet bathing suites dripping over your luggage. The luncheon fare was of the worst type Park food, greasy, cold & tasteless. At 2 PM we grabbed our luggage & went to find our cabin. The cruise staff seemed new because they didn't know how to direct us where our cabin was. I asked if there was a map some where & they told me they only had a list of the public areas on each floor. The ship is not so big so it just took some exploration on the 5th floor to find our cabin I am not prone to headaches but I was getting one we were pulling our carry-ons & we had been in the hot sun for an hour with screaming kids. We found our cabin & was happy about the size & layout, though it was kind of dark & the decoration was a bit dated.

After getting situated in our room we toured the ship, we found the public areas to be very dark & it had a musky damp smell, in fact the room where they offered board games to play my grandchildren couldn't even near because they said it smelled like smoke.

Eating in the dining room was like eating in daycare, it was noisy & our waiter always seemed to bring us the wrong orders & the food was either lukewarm or cold. My 8 year old grandson even said they don't know what fine dining is. The buffet's floor was so tacky when you walked on it your shoes stuck to the floor. The tables always seemed tacky & was spotted with gray residue & pieces of food.

The children's pool & family pool areas were full to the brim. They had to close down the pool because of children vomiting or pooping in the pool a few times.

The good things on the cruise were the fitness center was clean & you could watch movies while you exercised. The production shows were very good & they had 1st run Disney movies in 3D, but I don't think these things are worth the premium you pay to take the Disney cruise.

Disney Wonder Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Wonder Review
Disney Wonder Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?