Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cat_mar524@yahoo.com

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cat_mar524@yahoo.com
Carnival Pride
Carnival Pride
Member Name: cat_mar524@yahoo.com
Cruise Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
        7-9 1.0

Nightmare on Carnival Pride....DONT waste your money!!!
I literally got home about 3 hours ago from this horrible (I MEAN HORRIBLE) experience and had to rush to write this review. I read lots of cruise critic reviews before cruising on the pride and was sceptical, but I booked anyways considering im expecting a baby and didn't want to fly to another port ( Florida ) BAD MOVE ON MY PART!!! I traveled with my 53 yr old mother and 9 yr old daughter. What a disappointment this cruise/ship was :-(

Parking lot : Waited about an hour to get in the parking lot, total chaos. How cheap is this?...Port of Baltimore doesn't even have booths to pay for parking. 2 trucks lined up with credit card machines to take payment. STRANGE !

Embarkation : What a pain...long lines waiting in security lines (which was a joke, security barely did their job), but cant complain too much considering the 'not so classy' area.

Entrance into ship...WOW, if you like smoke and dreary unfriendly staff, then this is the ship for you! Smoke smell was soooo overwhelming, we literally walked the halls with our hands covering out mouths/noses.Oh and NO greeting what so ever, again STRANGE !!!

Food : My mother ate oranges the whole time, my daughter ate boxed cereal , and myself lived off pringles which were 4.99 at 'fun shop' The food was absolutely HORRIBLE, YUCK!!!! Ive cruised on other ships and food was great. This was a total disgrace.

Staff: The ONLY and I mean ONLY staff person on this ship that was nice and personal was our stateroom attendant, James :-) He was great! our beds were squeaky and he came in to oil them. Our shower curtain was old and stained/smelly and he came in to change it. he always greeted us with a smile! All other staff acted as if they hated their jobs, but cant knock them to much cuz if I was working on that particular ship ...I'm sure Id be grumpy too!

Entertainment : What entertainment???? there were 3 shows, 2 being 10:30 pm shows, considering that this ship was about 80% elder, I'm wondering why in the world they would be so late? And the shows...total juvenile. I think my daughter could have put on a better dance/act show. We played bingo and that was about it. I only got to use the casino once because I couldn't bare to be in the smokey room, YUCK! I am young and have lots of friends that smoke but this was absolutely NASTY! I had to play my games at 9 am before the smoke chimneys started up. I'm not sure why the casino would be placed right next to the main entrance/atrium...again, STRANGE!

Ship itself : I didn't mind the nude decor that's called art, BUT BUT BUT come on now...every single room, hallway entrance was dark, dreary and looked the same. It was as if I was walking the halls in a nursing home. All I saw was elder people either sleeping on chairs or reading...ALL DAY LONG EVERYWHERE...Very depressing.

Music: Horrible, all you hear is music from the 40's. Nothing upbeat that gets you in a happy mood. But then again, If you are 70+ and retired and want to sleep all day then this is the cruise for you. Definitely NOT A FUN SHIP !!!

Camp Carnival : My daughter didn't even enjoy this. Nothing really going on for the children. She went twice and played cards for about an hour. her last cruise on Royal she absolutely LOVED it and talks about it to this day (which cruise was 3 yrs ago). My daughter kept saying ' I cant wait to go back to school' LAME basically !!

Cruise Director: Kirk is LAME LAME LAME.....stuck up and never saw him around the ship. The only one that tried to get people going in a happy mood was his assistant Jaime. Whats funny is even a staff member said they couldn't stand him, hilarious!!!

Pools : Too small and not enough seating, BUT this is a smaller ship so expect to be crowded. We didn't get to try the slide because of weather, too windy and cold.

Ship was rocky EVERY SINGLE night...staff says its because the Atlantic is very rough leaving from Baltimore. When I say rough , I literally mean your head is bumping up and down while laying on the bed. Thank goodness neither my mom myself or daughter ever get sea sick, BUT believe me the barf bags were EVERYWHERE for people.

I can go on and on about this ship...but just wanted to give everyone heads up on this! You might think its convenient if you live close to port, BUT believe me, pay the extra $$ to fly out of nice smooth sailing weather in Florida. Our total trip was approx $3,000 and was a TOTAL waste of money! All we talked about was what we were going to eat when we got off the ship lol. And boy did we enjoy our subs when getting home.

Well, I really hope I helped by writing this review. If you do ignore this and go on the ship, GOOD LUCK :-) I really wish I would have listened to the bad reviews I saw on this ship .... This was my 2nd carnival cruise and definitely my LAST ! I will only be sailing with Royal from now on, a TOTALLY different experience!

By the way, bring a deck of cards, because there is NOTHING else to do on there lol.

Publication Date: 03/07/11