Disney Dream Cruise Review by GatorPal

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Cruise #12, #2 on Disney
This was our 12th cruise and 2nd on Disney. The others we have sailed with - Celebrity, Princess, RCCL - all offer a good product (i.e. cruise experience) but IMO Disney does it all a notch better (sometimes several notches better!)

The Dream is beautiful! From the chandeliers, to the brass and woodwork, use of color and themes it is visually impressive. The amount of technology on board is staggering. I could not possibly describe it all and therefore refer you to their web site. We noticed some nice additions to the Dream compared to the Wonder. These would include the use of on board cell phones, additional adult-only areas, and of course, the Aqua Duck!

We found the service on board excellent. Our cabin steward, wait staff, and everyone we met in between was friendly and helpful. The entertainment is beyond compare. Finally! "Broadway-like" shows that actually are!

The food was wonderful. At least 8 entrEe selections every night featuring high-prices foods such as lobster, salmon, veal, lamb. Not the reliance on pasta and other less expensive dishes I noted in 2009 when we sailed with RCCL. Lunch fare was definitely a notch above either RCCL or Princess.

We did not travel with children this nor the last time we sailed with Disney. You don't do anything Disney and not expect to find children. That said, they have so much quality entertainment for the children, the 1000 on board (we were offered that number by the Cruise Director) did not strike me as anything different than on our other cruises.

The adult-only areas were nice. I know several have not been happy with the Quiet Cove Pool and I tend to agree they could (even now) enhance it with some plants and tone down on the reggae music. Still all in all, I found it enjoyable. The "District" was very nice - would have liked more time to explore and spend time there. I especially liked the 687 Sports Bar and the Skyline Bar.

We experienced very high winds (50 MPH) which gave some roll on Thursday evening and caused us to miss Castawy Cay on Saturday. The later was disappointing but the Captain tried to dock 2 and the wind was just too much. I understand they have enhaced the island to better sccomodate the greater number of passengers on the Dream. Guess I will just have to book a 3rd Disney cruise to check that out.

Happy sailing all.