“Fantastic Trip!”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

sford17 Carnival Elation 5 Fantastic Trip!
sford17
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my second cruise, and my husbands first. ( Our first cruise on Carnival) We met several other friends for the cruise, so we had a group of 14, which included two 17 year olds, 1 9 yr. old, and an 18 and 6 month old!) One couple has taken about 6 cruises, all on Royal Caribbean, and the first words out of their mouths were... it is so beautiful! That made me feel good because I was the one who planned this trip for everyone! I was a little nervous that Carnival would not live up to their Royal Caribbean experiences, but we were all very pleasantly surprised!

The ship was great ( they were doing some renovations while we were aboard, but it did not interfere with anything) The food was great! ( although a couple of nights we had to wait a little too long for our actual meals to be served, which normally wouldn't have mattered, but with the two babies, they got a little restless!) All the shows were very entertaining! We were actually the "midly weds" in the marriage show! Every family with us was involved in a show in some way which was pretty exciting for all of us!) and... the weather was absolutely perfect!! ( even with the perfect weather, coming out of Calica was a little rocky! Thank God it only lasted about 5 hours!)

We went on the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour, and... we had an absolute ball!! I will post some pictures of our adventure once we get our other computer back up and running!) I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and relaxing day in Cozumel! Maria was our tour guide, so you get to hear about the island and it's culture as you are going to the far side of the island that has no electricity.(the use generators) Each bar we stopped at (4) was on the beach, and all had beautiful views) We started the tour, each keeping to ourselves, and , let's just say by the last stop and the ride back to the city, we were one, big, very happy family!!

In Calica, we just took a cab ($13 each way, lucky to split it with another couple on the way into to Play Del Carmen) The beach there is beautiful. We strolled up and down it looking for shells, and then we wondered the streets trying to do a little shopping. That got a little annoying,( everybody has the "best prices" and they seemed to have the same stuff at every other shop, which looked like it all came from China, so... we didn't get anything.

All in all, it was a great trip, very inexpensive and we will definitely do it again!!!

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6BR104
Excellent selection for a cabin. Not close to any elevators, and right in the middle of the ship so there was no engine noise. Great view!

Port

Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Published 03/07/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?