Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by pamperedcruiser: Service, Entertainment and Food - All Great!

pamperedcruiser

Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas South Pacific Cruises

Service, Entertainment and Food - All Great!

Sail Date: December 2008
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Other

(I am writing this cruise more objectively now as we sailed for the first time with Rhapsody and after sailing with a few more afterwards, I can safely say it is one of our favourite ships. It is probably due to the fact it was launched its service in Sydney at that time, 2008 I think..)

Cruising with Rhapsody was a delight! It made us cruising converts! Service was always great quality. There was usually someone who attentively looked for a place for us in the mornings when we couldn't find a table.

We also didn't need to get our own drinks as we always get to be given our preferences. This man was rewarded by my hubby with $50 tip at the end of our trip as he also happened to be our waiter in the dining room even if we didn't had formal dinners each night (we prepaid the tips and added more money to the envelopes given to us) .

Apart from the service, we loved the exquisitely folded towels each night showing an animal, etc..We also enjoyed most of the More entertainment and to this day, I could still remember the cruise Director as he was brilliantly funny, friendly and always visible! Hi Matt! "You're not here for a long time, you're here for a good time!" We also gave out koala and kangaroo key chains/stuffed toys to the crew we liked! I would love to cruise with Rhapsody again but her sked just wouldn't jive with ours at the moment!

Compared with Sun Princess or any of the Costa ships we sailed on, this one has more spacious buffet area so you don't bump into anyone with your plate, etc.Also there are several stations to go to for variety and despite going even on peak hours, we never had to line up very long. There was more than adequate space for people unlike in Pacific Sun where every morning there is tight squeeze with spaces for lining up & getting food, etc..Same with Costa..I just hate the lines in the buffet. As for going to the restaurants, there's also a long line - brekky, lunch or dinner!

They also had the best food we've had, I think were lucky as at the time we sailed, they were just starting in Australia so they wanted to really make a big statement! We were the first ones to have a photo with the captain as well! That was a big thrill as we got there late,but as a family we were ushered to the front! Lucky again!

The classes were very informative and useful for us- towel folding, fruit carvings, etc.Galley inspection was a thrill to and we got to taste some of the baked treats!

One day...we'll meet up with her again and hopefully we wouldn't be disappointed. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3

Our cabins were sufficient for us. The beds made up nicely though it would have been nice to have flat screen tellies. We didn't watch the telly much here as the entertainment in the shows were fantastic! We especially love the folded towels too each night with a different theme.