Norwegian Star Cruise Review by m_ringgenberg: Mexican Riviera on the NCL Star

Mexican Riviera on the NCL Star

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I have been on three cruises with NCL. I really enjoyed this cruise. I couldn't ask for a better ship. The staff was friendly and helpful.

EMBARKATION-Did not take long because my parents had a special suite while I had an inside room. Not as long of a line as in the past. After we checked in, we were greeted by our concierge.

THE SHIP-The Star had made a few changes last year. One such change is the relocation of the Spinnaker Lounge from Deck 12 to Deck 7. Because it is on a lower deck, there are no observation windows. Instead there are round mirrors.

CABIN-Mine was pretty small but cozy. We were on deck 8 right above the relocated Spinnaker Lounge. Our only complaint about our cabins was that we could hear the noise and the vibration from the band or DJ.

SERVICE AND FOOD-Bobby and Raul were wonderful in making our cruise enjoyable. They kept our rooms comfortable and were there for all our needs. There was a good variety of food especially More Room Service, the Buffet, and the Blue Lagoon. I also enjoyed the Chocoholic buffet. It was to die for.

ENTERTAINMENT-There was a variety of entertainment, something for everyone. I took advantage of numerous activities available. There is Bingo, trivia, putting contests, karaoke, game shows/contests, dancing, live music, and much more.

The nightly shows were top notch. There was a 70s flashback show, a hypnotist, Shout: The Mod Musical, Second City, acrobatics, and a crew talent show. They were all entertaining. The Cruise Staff were very friendly and helpful. One such person was Samantha, she was very kind and thoughtful. We have become friends during the cruise.

PORTS OF CALL-I got off the ship for two out of three ports.

CONCLUSION-Some say about the refurbishment that change is good. I kind of agree with them. I would highly recommend this ship to anyone. Would I want to cruise on the Star again? Yes I would. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 8167

I went sightseeing in Cabo San Lucas on the tour. Hotel California was fun to see. We decided to shop instead of going to the mission. But I wish there was time for both.

We saw a show of Aztec dancers and other Mexican talents. We had lunch at the beach which was a buffet, which was included in the price. The taxi ride back to the ship was also included, but I didn't feel comforable especially to the recent violence.

Read 292 Mazatlan Reviews

It was a beautiful city.