Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by moogster

Entertainment Not Rated

First Time Posting. . . . .Oasis Cruise
Hi all,

Moogster here.

First post for me here. Glad to be aboard.

This was our fourth cruise in four years. The first one was on Norwegian, and the last three were on Royal.

We left the frozen Northeast a day before embarkation.

It was 81 degrees in Ft. Lauderdale when we landed.

How great was that!

We were booked at the Ramada Inn Airport/Cruiseport. It was great.

They had an outdoor Tiki bar, hang out area, pool and restaurant, and our room was newly renovated.

They also provided a free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruiseport.

It was just what the doctor ordered. Free buffet breakfast too.

The shuttle brought us to the ship around 10:30AM.

From the time we got out of the van, to the time we were on the ship, was 10-15 minutes. . .maybe.

We were booked on the Oasis of the Seas, 12th deck starboard and forward.

The Oasis is something that everyone should see. . . .It's a floating town.

It was so perfect for us. You have no idea how we loved this ship.

We had a nice mini condo with a balcony, that overlooked the ocean, and a town with everything in it.

I got up on a couple of days at 4:30 AM. I went to the Cafe promenade for some coffee and wake up food.

The ship is really amazing when you're the only passenger walking around. I had the whole ship to myself a couple of times.

We had no complaints. No negatives about anything.

The ship is amazing, the room was great, the food was delicious, the service was on spot, and I was introduced to "Gray Goose" vodka.

By the way, the "Goose" gave me cravings for Banana Splits. I had three of them. Maybe more!

We've been told by some of our cruise friends, that we are not normal cruisers.

Why?

In the past three cruises, we. . . .

Never used room service.

Only ate in a main dining room twice.

Only saw one show.

Never been in a pool.

Only sat by a pool one time.

Never been on a shore excursion.

We ate at two pay restaurants. One was at Chops Grille for supper. It was delicious.

Another was at Giovanni's table for lunch. Again, delicious. I gorged myself on the Prosciutto and Arugula.

The service in both restaurants was quick and perfect.

We frequented the Windjammer, Park Cafe, Sorrento's, Cafe Promenade, Wipeout Cafe, the various soft ice cream machines, and one early evening pig out at Johnny Rockets.

Everything was fantastic, although I missed my own coffee.

We didn't eat in the main ding rooms at all.

When we're hungry, we want to eat, enjoy it, and move on. We don't like to dress up to eat.

We like the buffet. We always found something very delicious there, and the selections were many.

We would have a nice meal, and go take a walk. It's definitely a great ship to take a walk. We walked, we hung out in Central Park, Boardwalk, and Royal Promenade. We covered a lot of miles.

When you walked into Central Park, you could smell the plants.

It was like walking down the street somewhere. it was a relaxing experience.

We found a great bar up on the pool deck and hung out there a few nights.

The same group was always there. Folks from Jersey.

We had the whole area to ourselves.

It's amazing how 6000 people can disappear on a ship. I still can't figure out where everyone was.

The only time it was crowded anywhere, was the Royal Promenade during a show/parade, but that's to be expected.

The Casino Royale seemed to be doing okay at night.

Our first port was Labadee. We enjoyed it. first time there. The lunch that Royal served up there was terrific.

I had heard about the merchants there. I read a lot of reviews about them being pushy, and aggressive.

So, we went to see them. . .all of them. They weren't so bad. I've seen much worse.

Hey, I'm a city boy. I grew up in Boston back in the 50's, so these guys weren't a problem.

They reminded me of some people I know.

We ground them down and got our price.

Child's play.

Costa Maya was the next stop. We've been there a couple of time before, and knew exactly what we wanted to do. Go to Mamasitas for a yard long tequila Sunrise and a basket of wings and greasy fries.

Perfect.

Cozumel was our final port. We were on a mission to shop for certain items that we collect.

We did very well.

Getting off the ship took a while, but there was a reason.

We went to breakfast at the Windjammer, screwed around and stuff, and based on the system, and based on the time we got to our assigned area, we did some waiting.

We didn't care. It was only 45 minutes.

We had a blast on the Oasis. It was the best cruise yet. The ship made the difference. We loved it.

We'll be on it again.