Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by pamperedcruiser: Truly a Ship of Light and More

Truly a Ship of Light and More

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

It was a great experience sailing on Luminosa especially as it was a relatively new ship at the time of our cruise from May 4 to 13, 2010.

Features-spacious, full of interesting and attractive decor, awesome Buddha in the central plaza, I love it! I also enjoyed the top quality service. We didn't hesitate to give our steward 30 Euros for his patience, efficiency and friendly manner! This despite the fact we prepaid our tips when we booked. We also gave out Aussie souvenirs which were gratefully appreciated by the staff from the stewards to the restaurant Maitre D' and other crewship workers.

Food was also appetising most of the time except when there are long lines and crowds during peak hours in the buffet. The formal dining rooms are a great alternative so we enjoyed their use the whole time we were there. We hardly ate anything while taking the bus tours to various ports, etc..We knew there were nice food waiting for us at the ship anyway!

NEgatives- the More smoking ban in the lounges are not properly ensured. Many Italians especially act as if they own the ship and so usually bring the ash trays to any table they like! It was a horrible sight, the smoke billowing from the lounges even if we were just passing through to get to the show lounge/theatre or other decks. It was awful! Also the lack of space during shows. The first seating and second seating arrangement did not seem to work here as both groups seem to be present at the shows! There was always a lack of seating so I ended up always going back to the cabin, I refused to stay standing up watching a mediocre show anyway! So entertainment was really nothing much to rave about. Less

Read more Costa Luminosa cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Luminosa Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Luminosa Inside Agata Deck

Cabin was adequate size for the four of us surprisingly! Enough storage space despite our 6 luggages ( I had to buy an extra one in Venice even before our 1st cruise from there). it was clean, enough amenities, etc..I asked for extra pillows and was satisfied!

Great city, we took a taxi and just made a deal with the driver so paid $80 for the four if us...seems dear but worth it- visited Guell Park, Sagrada de Familia, etc..we enjoyed this Spanish city!

Surprisingly amazing city- clean, friendly people, reminded me of medieval cities with plenty of cobbled stone streets and huge parks! Got also tasty sweets and even clothes, shoes, etc for me and the boys at reasonable prices too!

Read 203 Vigo Reviews