Oosterdam 4

“Nice value for a cruise”
Cruise review of Holland America Oosterdam

carcam2
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Embarkation couldn't have been easier. Less than 10 minutes from parking lot to room.

Room was spacious enough with a large window. We had an issue with the bathroom that took too long to fix. Once management was involved they rectified and handled it appropriately. Being close to casinos and lounge was a concern but we did not hear noise at all from either. Worst noise were the kids that were on board. Presidents week so more than usual. Not an annoyance as we are grandparents and understand.

I felt the mix of young and old was fine.

Food was better than other cruises I have been on. I would like to see them spice it up a bit more. We missed making reservations the last night and had to buffet it. One of the best meals we had. Go figure!

I read in a previous review that the crew seemed a bit detached. I tend to agree.

Alcohol policy good and prices on board were better than others.

In summary I would use Holland again depending on More itinerary and price.

Less days at sea the better. Less

Oosterdam Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

E
Quiet...located close to back elevators for easy access to all.

WOW! Overwhelming when you get off the boat by vendors. Walked to Marena/ Makena? beach. A nice little walk....water taxis only 2 bucks if you want to go the fast way. Best water I seen...too cold to get into.

Also better than expected. Definably a presence of military around. Still felt safe enough to go to the Golden zone. Had a great lunch at a place that boasts the best shrimp...can't remember the name. Surprised not more places to choose from. Probably wouldn't do the Golden Zone again...not enough there. The little golf cart cabbie rides kinda scary and fun at the same time. Maybe it was the cheap 2$ beers! :)

Read 417 Mazatlan Reviews

Better than I expected. Water seemed a little dirty. People friendly. Weather great for touring. Too cold for getting in the water.

Published 03/07/11

Read Cruise Critic's Oosterdam Review

Oosterdam Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?