Emerald Princess Cruise Review by ashes2010: Just Wonderful!

ashes2010
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Emerald Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Just Wonderful!

Sail Date: February 2011

We flew British airways to Miami and were met by Princess and taken to the west Miami Intercontinental for the night. This was ll stress free. the hotel is in the business district, but we really like it. There is a nice pool and a fitness room. We had to pay for breakfast, but it was very good. The next morning we had a little time to ourselves ( there is a Walmart just down the road). the coaches took us to the boat.

Great experience sailing on the Emerald Princess. Boarding was fairly uncomplicated and our balcony state room was ready and waiting. We were on Dolphin deck uncovered balcony--and had a wonderful, pleasant Room Steward, Ionel. He was always available; seemed to be in the hallway almost every time we left the room. Our room was always cleaned thoroughly.

Sometimes our room was cleaned 3 -4 times a day, he was always replacing our towels when they were needing it.

We just loved the boat so much to do or nothing if you wanted it that way. It is More beautiful, so clean and the staff were all wonderful.

The only possible thing i could complain about was the smoking on balcony's and in some public areas, but i knew this before I sailed.

My 10 year old hardly went to the kids club as there were so few children her age there. However the provision when she went was excellent.

I thoroughly recommend joining your cruise critic roll call, I met some really super people through it, and they were very kind to us first timers. it was lovely to already feel you knew someone before you sailed. A big thank you to Marybeth, Julie and Caroline for all their organising and hosting. Less

Read more Emerald Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Emerald Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Emerald Princess Mini-Suite with Balcony Dolphin D110

Cabin D110 This cabin is at the front of the boat. We loved it. The balcony is not covered but with the beautiful weather we had we were grateful. It is spacious and we found nothing to fault.

we loved Antigua, we hired a cab a man called derek who looked after us all day. We visited Nelson's Dockyard which was great, but we did not have enought time here. It is better to do this yourself rather than through the boat. Thentrance fee is only 7 dollars, but you may not get the tourgide wh did tell us some interesting things. It is a beautiful Island we went up to Shirley heights, a great viewpoint. Finally we spent a few hours on Valley Church beach which is a verry nice beach.

Read 799 Antigua Reviews

I liked the beach, (Carlisle bay) but it is a bit noisy there from the traffic passing nearby looks lovely on pictures though. We did a ship excursion swimming with turtles and it was great a really exciting thing to do.

Read 701 Barbados Reviews

I thought St Kitts was lovely very pretty. We went to Romney manor and old plantation where they do batik. the gardens are absolutely beautiful, and the views. the batik was interesting, and good to buy for souvenirs. the taxi then took us down to the bottom of the peninsula to cockleshell bay. I thoroughly recommend this it is a beautiful beach idyllic just as you imagine. We saw quite a few Princess people identifiable by the blue and white towels, so I think there must be an excursion to here.

On the way to the beach you get to see the Atlantic ocean left hand side of peninsula and Caribbean sea on the other, truly spectacular.

It was my birthday on st Lucia and we had booked Spinnakers Restaurant on Reduit beach Rodney bay. We had lobster, it is not on the menu, but they have it fo around $40 and it was good. the beach is ok lots of shells under the sea.

This is a US Virgin Island and really could have been all about the shopping. We however did the Bones pirate trip organised by princess, and it was great really lots of fun. I would recommend doing a tour on St Thomas as the harbour and vicinity and the next shops on are not very pretty.

Read 2321 St. Thomas Reviews