Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Pokerdoris: Frustrating and Disappointing

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Frustrating and Disappointing

Sail Date: January 2011

My husband and I cruised the Eastern Carribean which left from Miami. The departure of easy and quick with no problems. We had cruised with NCL before and were looking forward to a relaxing and much needed vacation. Getting into our room and receiving our luggage was great and faster than we thought. We navigated the ship while waiting for our room after having lunch at O'Sheehans.

Even though the ship is extremely large (too large for us) it was easy to find out way about. I will discuss the food, ports and entertainment later on in my review. The main thing that upset us on this cruise was the crowds at the pool on sea days. The crew was very rude, pretended not to understand English when spoken to, and it actually took my husband and I 2 1/2 hours to get lounge chairs one day. Too many people and too little chairs. The area around the lounge chairs and pool were very slippery. I thought that was taken care of from what I read on other reviews, but I personally almost fell More 3 or 4 times. The casino was very uncomfortable because the chairs are very heavy and on top of people at the slot machines. It was very hard to maneuver. We had a good time because we enjoyed the shows and the food, (except for Modernos, I forgot how it is spelled), but the rooms are way too small to walk around. The bathroom and the shower area are right in the room as soon as you open the door and did not like that. The lighting is very dark and difficult to see yourself in the mirrors, especially for  putting on make up. However, I was not going to let the room spoil my trip.

Blue Man Group and Legends was great. The Bistro restaurant was wonderful, even though we had to have our table changed because of a screaming child. I love kids, but not when I want to dine, especially after 8PM.

I am saving the best for last. Our entire trip was ruined on the last day, because as I discovered when I arrived home, money had been stolen from my safe in the room. The police were notified and NCL and to my extreme disgust, nothing is going to be done. (Surprise) Hence, I will no longer cruise NCL. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 8

Small room. great balcony, no room to walk in hallway. Hated bathroom and shower.

Did not do much in Nassau. We have been there many times and just went to

the straw market and got a couple of gifts and could not wait to leave and

return to the ship to relax without the crowds again.

Read 2663 Nassau Reviews

Went to Orient Beach and loved it. Great day just chilling on this gorgeus

beach. Wonderful people.

Hated St. Thomas. Went to Meghan's Bay and did not like the people or the bay.

Could not wait to get back on the ship and enjoy the vacant lounge chairs and

relax without the crowd.