Celebrity Summit 5

rhskls
Member Since 2010
37 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Three friends and I went on the Summit out of San Juan leaving on February 19. One our friends had never cruised before. I was a little leary of the ship since I had read some reviews that said it needed work but overall I thought the ship was in great shape. Our stateroom was great and the attendant was very nice.

The food was excellent. The best I have ever had on a cruise. I would agree though that the layout of the Waterfall Cafe is somewhat confusing. It took us a couple of days to realize there was a sandwich area. It would certainly be nice if it were all in one area. The food in the dining room at night was excellent.

The entertainment could have been better. Most nights it was the Celebrity singers and dancers. There were only two outside performers.

The ports were nice with one exception. We did not care for Tobago at all. Perhaps if we had gone on an excursion we would have enjoyed it more but we walked downtown and found a free visitor's guide More who walked around with us. If she had not been with us we would have immediately gone back to the ship. We honestly wondered why they had brought us to this port. In Dominica the Emerald Pool is amazing. Like being in the Garden of Eden.

On-board activities were somewhat lacking. Couldn't exactly put my finger on it but it lacked something. Overall though, we had a blast and would definitely go back. Less

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

8148
We had two concierge level balcony rooms, 8148 and8156. The size was what you normally find on a ship. It had plenty of storage. We did decide that the concierge level is not worth the extra price. We didn't care for the afternoon appetizers. But we were quite pleased with our rooms.

Published 03/06/11

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?