Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Cohen718: BEST FAMILY CRUISE...

Cohen718
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

BEST FAMILY CRUISE...

Sail Date: January 2011

My husband and I take our kids on lots of family trips...Disney, Washington, Florida beaches. This trip, by far, being the best. My husband and I took our two kids (ages 3 and 4) with us. There was so much to do for adults and kids. We choose this boat over the Disney and Norwegan cruise line because it seemed to have much more for everyone. This ship just started the Dreamworks priduction line so the kids got to enjoy all the meet and greets with the characters from Madagascar and Shrek movies, also, How to Train Your Dragon Ice Show and Madagscar Aqua Show. The boat has everything from ice skating, miniature golfing, pools for the kids and adults, the zip line, flow rider, rock climbing wall,face painting, bingo, carousel rides, casino, it was amazing. We got to do everything with just enough time to relax. The camp for the kids was amazing. My kids loved it so much it was like pulling teeth to get them to leave. We actually had to bribed them if they were good while eating More breakfast and got up dressed quickly then they would beable to go to camp. (Never seen my kids move so fast and behave to well.)

On the first day I do have to say it was very crowded and people seem to be a little lost as far as things to do (being that the ship was so big) and people trying to get settled in, but after the second morning everything seemed to be much calmer.

The shows on the boat where AMAZING!! I hate musicals...but Chicago was "WOW!". The aqua show was also another amazing show and the comedy show was great as well. The kids loved the How to Train Your Dragon ice show and Madagscar Aqua show.

The food was good. Not great but good. They have a variety buffet style at the windjammer but the variety got old being it was the same variety for 7 days. From what I have heard Royal Caribbean supposively has the best food from Norwegan and Carnival cruise line. I have not been on any other line so I can't say for myself.

Rooms where nice. We ended up booking 2 interior rooms with a connecting door for all 4 of us. That way we weren't on top of eachother. That worked real well. Kids slept in not knowing time because there is no sun light coming in. Which helped us sleep in as well. :) Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 7

Nothing to really do with toddlers at this port. Some shopping, but we had to take a taxi anywhere we went so we just shopped and went back on the boat.

Read 2627 Nassau Reviews

We went to St. Maarten where we just went to some shops, my daughter got here haired braided and we sat at the beach there for an hour. It's hard to do excursions with toddlers.

We went to Magan Bay which was ok. There was an extra fee to get into that beach (I think $4 per person). It was crowded and the water wasn't very clear. (Wasn't good for snorkeling.) Kids liked it though. We rented a paddle boat and the kids had fun.

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews