Carnival Glory Cruise Review by lynnyb: Carnival Glory February 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory February 2011

Sail Date: February 2011

EMBARCATION: Easier than expected; Carnival has a streamlined effective system

SHIP: Some very beautiful areas, like the theater. Main disappointment, they had way too many smoking areas that limited my participation. I could not be in the casino or the dance club because of the extreme smoke. I wish Carnival had advised they allowed smoking on the ship.

ROOM: Nice; loved the balcony to see the ports and the sunrises. Nice place to get some peace and quiet. Always cleaned well, promptly, and loved the little towel creatures.

ENTERTAINMENT: Energetic although talent somewhat lacking. I expected some group exercise options available to all, but exercise was limited to sign up and additional costs. I loved the spa area with the saunas, dry and wet and large clean showers.

FOOD: Hated the early dinner, did not leave enough time to get dressed after returning from a shore excursion. Wait staff pretty good. Food average to good, never exceptional. I More thought the bakery chef was better than the food chef. I brought lots of dresses, but did not need most of them as the ship was extremely casual. Just 1 or 2 dress up nights.

SHORE EXCURSIONS: Cozumel, we did the catamaran/beach/snorkel. Too short; seemed rushed. Belize: did the cave tubing. Really pretty lame and too expensive. Cave was beautiful though. Hated the tubes being all linked up, uncomfortable and slow. Roatan: did clear kayak and snorkeling. Loved this island. Lush clean and beautiful. Wanted to live there forever. Grand Cayman: did the barrier reef snorkel. Wonderful. Schools of really big barracuda and angel fish. Spectacular coral gardens.

DEBARCATION: Again, Carnival is very effective on its ins and outs. It was fast. Probably should have kept all our luggage for an even faster debarc. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Empress 7423

Empress level, 7, with balcony was perfectly fine for us. Loved the balcony.