Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by chiefbell

Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: chiefbell
Cruise Date: February 2011
Cabin Category: B2

WOW! Oasis is all that & more!!
After hearing about Oasis and seeing photos of this great ship, I could not wait to get aboard to see for myself. It is everything I had heard and more. It is a fantastic ship and we enjoyed every minute of our voyage.

Embarkation was a breeze. It took about 5 minutes. We arrived about noon and things went very smoothly. Our cabin was ready at 1pm.

The cabin was a balcony overlooking the Boardwalk. We had a great view of the aft and the diving shows. The Boardwalk gets noisy, but with the balcony door closed, there was no noise. While the balcony was nice, I think I would have preferred a regular balcony, on the outside of the ship. It was better than an inside cabin, but you can only see so much of the Boardwalk....

All of the shows we saw were very good. Hairspray was a bit long for me, 90 minutes, but it was very good. The comedy show was TOP-NOTCH! Make sure you get tickets for all shows BEFORE you sail. There were long lines at every show of people who were hoping for last minute seats. Abbacadabrra, the headliner show, was good; I am just not a real Abba fan. Come Fly with Me was also very good. We did not make it to an ice show.

The Windjammer was normal; decent food but always the same choices every meal.

Chops Grille.......absolutely grand! Best fillet I have ever tasted. I recommend Chops, just don't be in a hurry!!

Johnny Rockets for breakfast is a must. It is free breakfast. Lunch and dinner are $4.95 but not a bad meal. The Donut Shop is ok, seem to be assembly line donuts, but they are also free, so its a quick snack.

The casino is very large and the dealers are ALL very nice and friendly people. Their bar service people come by often and a beer is $4.89 plus tip. The machines are TIGHT!! I mean very tight!!

We opted for the Valet luggage option. For $20 per person, they take your bags from your room and you don't see them again until you land at your home airport. Best money I ever spent!! We were in the debarkation room at 7:45 am and at 8:05, we were inside the airport!! Smoothest I have ever seen. It was amazing how quickly we got off the ship, through customs and cabbed to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale.

The posts of call were Labadee, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Labadee was just a lay on the beach day for us. Costa Maya is a hole in the wall that should not be a stop for any cruise ship (nothing but crap shops) and Cozumel we have been to many times, so there was no reason to get off the ship.

I have nothing bad to say about this ship or this trip. The top decks do get very, very crowded on sea days. I mean VERY crowded!! So, if you want a chair in the sun, get there early!!

Our cabin steward, Rommell, was superb! At Johnny Rockets, Glenn Dais is in charge and he is a very nice man. He will make your trip!! He is all about service and he does a great job!

We only did the main dining room for one night. We just really don't like the whole "take 2 hours for dinner" thing, so we chose not to go. The food was fine, but not exactly how we wanted to spend out evenings. That was our choice and not a criticism of Oasis.

We loved this cruise and the ship. The employees are fantastic and we got what we wanted for our money; a good time and relaxation!! Thanks Oasis!!

Publication Date: 03/03/11