Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by blueskiessail: What an AMAZING trip to Alaska!

blueskiessail
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska Cruises

What an AMAZING trip to Alaska!

Sail Date: August 2009
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

This is my 9th cruise with different cruise lines, but my first cruise to Alaska! I am not really a cold weather person, and therefore I have taken my time to sign up for this colder itinerary! However, I was pleasantly surprised with warm days in the low 70's, and crisp cool nights filled with many stars as we cruised into Alaska!

The ship is around 15 years old, but in good condition and has a very

experienced Captain and helpful crew. The ship size is perfect to get down the Tracy Arm Fjord, and make 360 degree turns to see the glaciers....priceless.

In Juneau, go up the Mt. Roberts Tramway located in town for the amazing views, and then hike in the mountains at the top of the tramway! The view down on the cruise ships in port is amazing as well! The town is fun with some unique shops, and be sure to stop for a drink at the Red Dog Saloon! The Glacier Express (blue bus in town) will take you to the Mendenhall Glacier, that is exciting and beautiful to see More up close.

In Skagway, go into town and stop at the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway, and take this amazing train ride through the mountains! We did the 3 hour tour, and were happy with all we saw, and we still had time to shop in town and take in all the history of the area!

In Victoria, B.C., the city is very vibrant and has plenty of shops. We also visited Beacon Hill Park and The Butchart Gardens. The many gardens are large, but can become quite crowded in the middle of the day, so go early. We purchased our own tickets, so we could spend a couple of hours there and still have time for everything else before our ship pull away.......

My husband and I do not like tour buses, and set schedules. All of our outings were researched before we went (especially reading CC reviews), and all the ports on this trip are easy to get around! We will come back to Alaska in a couple of years, and our next trip will be out of Vancouver to venture even further into this great state! Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 3

We had an inside cabin, and this worked out perfect for us! We were busy in all the ports, and felt that a balcony on this cruise would be a waste of money.